Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my vortex adjustable rear sets, had them shipped to my parents house so my wife doesnt bust my balls, as I have not seen them yet, do I have to relocate my rear brake res? or will everything mount right up?
Thanks in advance, and I know I am a candy ass for having them shipped to my parents house.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
The res will bolt right up to the vortex peg assembly. You will have to buy a pressure sensor though and tap that into your rear brake line so your brake light will work. I have a set and love them. Congrats on the new toys. Any questions just holler.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help

The res will bolt right up to the vortex peg assembly. You will have to buy a pressure sensor though and tap that into your rear brake line so your brake light will work. I have a set and love them. Congrats on the new toys. Any questions just holler.
I cant wait to put them on, I guess I cant wait to see them too. I rarely use my back brake, I may just leave the presure switch off, unless I need to put it on??

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I haven't went down and looked at the pegs compared to the stock ones but it seems like there isn't a spot to hook up a spring that actuates the brake light. So without the pressure switch put in, you don't have a rear brake light.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yeah, the married life. You hate to cover up, but it is easier.
See you from Columbus, I am from Parkersburg, WV.....across river from Marietta and Belpre, OH.
You ever ride 821 or 26 or any of the southeast ohio roads??????
If you want to give the 10 a workout.....we can hook it up.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
parkersburg

Yeah, the married life. You hate to cover up, but it is easier.
See you from Columbus, I am from Parkersburg, WV.....across river from Marietta and Belpre, OH.
You ever ride 821 or 26 or any of the southeast ohio roads??????
If you want to give the 10 a workout.....we can hook it up.
I am going to Parkersburg and Marrietta on Friday for work. I will definitly stetch its legs as soon as the weather gets warmer and I get the rear sets on.

·
Registered
228 Posts
can you post up a pic of how you ran the wires to the light & battery? I've been holding off installing mine b/c the wires will be too exposed

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Yeah give me about 5 minutes... I'll go down and do it now

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
As requested. The last pic has some details as to what is done. You could probably cut the wires shorter but there is a huge opening for them to sit on. They are hid and don't cause any problems the way I have them. I just didn't want to cut the wires.

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All Done

I just finished with the rear sets and the steel braided lines. They are sweet. This was my first try at bleeding brakes, it was pretty easy. I still have the superbike lines for the front I have not yet installed. thanks guys for the help.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Not a big deal not to have the rear brake light hooked up, how many of us only use our rear brake w/o using the fronts also?? And if all it takes to keep the peace is having something shipped to the parents house...go for it

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
I just got my vortex adjustable rear sets, had them shipped to my parents house so my wife doesnt bust my balls, as I have not seen them yet, do I have to relocate my rear brake res? or will everything mount right up?
Thanks in advance, and I know I am a candy ass for having them shipped to my parents house.
nobody gave you much shit for shipping them to your parents house!!!:thumbsup:
could it be alot of us are married too and hate getting are balls busted:dontknow:?
i might have to file that one in the memory banks cuz my wife is starting to get sick of me buying parts also:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Glad everything worked out for ya sch. We'll need pics before too long!

·
Registered
55 Posts
You are going to want that switch unless you want to get rearended when you stop.When I got my vortex reasets I bought my switch at my local motorcycle dealer. It was about $20.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I thought about that.

You are going to want that switch unless you want to get rearended when you stop.When I got my vortex reasets I bought my switch at my local motorcycle dealer. It was about $20.
I thought about that but I rarely use my back brakes, let alone use my back brakes by themselves. I have the switch, I was just unsure of where to put it untill I pulled my head out of my ass. But I had already put my ss line on the rear and bleed the brake. I assumed it would attach like the oel brake switch and I couldnt find where to attach the spring. Then I finally got it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts