Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2016 ZX10R Race & 2016 ZX10R Street
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As some know besides the normal WERA Regional (NE-Mid Atlantic) racing I do I do at least one round of The WERA National Challenge 6 Hour Endurance Race.
This year was no Different.
What made this 6 hour Race special was having Jeff Atwell (MillwoodVa on this board) on my team. He is a former Summit Point 2 time track record holder and runs his own race team (www.teamjar.com) .
I love meeting people from the board at the race track. Tim W (I forgot your name on the board Tim) and I had a few good races from VIR, to Summit over to Beaver Run and Nelsons Ledges.

Because of contracts/work I had to cut my race season in June, but on Saturday after doing my normal 30 mile bicycle training I jump on my 08 zx10R street bike and went on a 170+ mile back road ride. It was so much fun and all I could think about was the 6 hour race I was going to miss.
That night I look at my 2006 zx10R that I use for endurance racing or as a loaner race bike to my friends and said Im going to run this race, but I look over to the left and saw my pride and joy 2008zx10R race bike and I had the urge so bad to run that instead . So this year the 08 zx10 got her first taste at endurance racing :badteeth:

I called up 2 of my boys from last year’s Endurance race (one is a local AMA racer) and hit MillwoodVa and that made up our team of 4.
I have to say since this was so last minute I had mechanical problems out the yang.
Galfer wave rotors were warp, front wheel not balanced (Grrrrrrrrrr) and that cause the front end to go crazy when breaking and accelerating. Next came the overheating problem I have whenever I run a bike with stock exhaust systems for endurance racing, last but not least was an Electrical problem. The dash would scream all over the place cutting on and off.
At the 4 hour mark people recommended giving up. I was so heartbroken. MillwoodVa had his 08 zx10R as the parts bike so we traced the problem to the battery. Swap batteries and was able to get back in the race and finished 3rd place in the heavy weight super stock class (1000cc stock).
I was so grateful to have such a grand team. I am a novice while MillwoodVa is an expert, but our races are always combined (1000cc expert and novice). It’s always good to be on the track with Jeff. Track days and races.
Not many pictures this go round.

Von (me :badteeth: )

MillwoodVa (Jeff Atwell)

Jeff Cannon

Adrian Jones (he will be racing the ama round at NJMP)

A hards day work:
I wanted to run the VIR Round that had the AMA guys their, but the team were all out of town on seperate vacations lol.

Reactions: SUPER K

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
bad ass man, that is sick. you guys are looking real good out there.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Hey von, you still ever kick it with nesba? I have always been hitting the njmp events and never see you out there. I am like the only 10r reppin half the time.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Good to see you're still repn Kawi. You heal up smooth after that big nasty wreck a few years back? Rep sent

·
Registered
787 Posts
Hey Von......... Tim W here. :hello:

Good to see your still getting some track time.

I really enjoyed racing together with wera. The grids have been getting smaller as the season wears on. We need you back !

Summit is coming up Sept.19/20. Maybe you can make it.

Let me know your plans for next year. I've been dreaming about running an endurance race or two myself.

:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
781 Posts
Hey Von......... Tim W here. :hello:

I really enjoyed racing together with wera. The grids have been getting smaller as the season wears on. We need you back !

Let me know your plans for next year. I've been dreaming about running an endurance race or two myself.

:eek:ccasion1
I want to sign with wera after i do my cornerspeed on the 18th. Wish they could just test me or something, instead of going to a school. I cant wait to learn some new stuff to improve my consistency.

Tim you in the nova area also? I am Federico by the way.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
You guys talking about Summit Point in WV, right? My dad's from Glen Burnie and runs Porsche club and BMW club stuff out there all the time.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I want to sign with wera after i do my cornerspeed on the 18th. Wish they could just test me or something, instead of going to a school. I cant wait to learn some new stuff to improve my consistency.

Tim you in the nova area also? I am Federico by the way.
Hey Federico.........I'm a little farther North... up in Pa.

Come on out and join us. Wera is a good club.

·
Registered
787 Posts
You guys talking about Summit Point in WV, right? My dad's from Glen Burnie and runs Porsche club and BMW club stuff out there all the time.
Yup.....that is the track !

·
Registered
781 Posts
I definitely will, i cant wait to compete. I took a 6 month break and then returned and oddly enough i ran the hardest i ever have at njmp(i consider it my home track because summit is so torn up). Did you guys ride after the concrete patches were put in? Jeff wood broke the record again i heard. I have cornerspeed on the 18th and then njmp on the 21st, im just trying to make a checklist so i can make one or two races before the season is up. Maybe more, I just know i dont like the look of those waved grids when the events are full... Isn't that a lot of people? i have seen people at summit go 6 -7 wide into turn 1 and massive tangle ups.

·
Registered
781 Posts
lol thank him and all the other car clubs and crown victoria gov't trainers for destroying that track every year! :thefinger

·
Registered
679 Posts
Nice shots Von! I was were out at NJMP with AJ on thunderbolt.. I bet after all that track time, you're times are looking really good!! I'll try to catch up with ya at NJMP this Saturday..

@bigprfed22 im with you on the cars... but summit just doesn't hold a candle to NJMP and with the proximity..i'm like summit who? lol

·
Registered
781 Posts
Nice shots Von! I was were out at NJMP with AJ on thunderbolt.. I bet after all that track time, you're times are looking really good!! I'll try to catch up with ya at NJMP this Saturday..

@bigprfed22 im with you on the cars... but summit just doesn't hold a candle to NJMP and with the proximity..i'm like summit who? lol
Its so "professional" compared to summit(njmp)

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2016 ZX10R Race & 2016 ZX10R Street
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey von, you still ever kick it with nesba? I have always been
hitting the njmp events and never see you out there. I am like the only 10r reppin half the time.

Oh yeah, I still run with Nesba, but I had to put all track events on hold for a while. I plan on coming back out in 2010 strong.

Good to see you're still repn Kawi.
You heal up smooth after that big nasty wreck a few years back? Rep sent

I can't complain considering how I could have ended up. I still have issues with grip strenth and nerve damage, but its not enuff to
to keep me off the track. You see more and more 09ZX6's on the track now but very few 1000 kaws. I plan on selling my 06ZX10R and getting a 09 ZX6R to race next season

Hey Von......... Tim W here.

Tim hey man, ive been watching your finishies and you are doing the damn thing.
I planed on doing that summit round, but im still unsure now. My new contract starts that monday with the new company and cant risk
Getting injured. I will see man I will see.
Oh and I look terrible in that video, lol im sitting straight up and down like a totem pole, lol
See you out their man!!!!!

Hey whats up man...
Yea AJ brought that Shane Narboones bike from Jeff Cannon. He said he loved it at NJMP.

I have not made it up their so far.
Im making a plan and getting my money right for next season.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts