Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Add me to the list of thread lock users......gonna buy shares in it!

Went to a mates this weekend, 90 miles each way. By the time I got home I didn't have ONE bolt left on my hugger. The only reason it stayed on was the clip that holds it to the rear brake line. LOL.

Can you believe the nylon washers that go under the bolts are three times the price of the bolts themselves? Weird.

Oh well, gives me an excuse to spend time in the garage ; )

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Now you can be like me, I had to take one off my chain guard and put it back in the top of the hugger. Stupid dealer taking his time ordering the damn things

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Frankyoz said:
Now you can be like me, I had to take one off my chain guard and put it back in the top of the hugger. Stupid dealer taking his time ordering the damn things
Hey Frank, when i took the reflectors off the front fender i went to the dealership to get 2 to replace and 2 more just in case ya' know, needless to say they had to order them, then they went on backorder. Got 'em like 2 months later. What a pain! 'Course we're goin' back to like May i believe. Should get 'em easy now.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Frankyoz said:
Hehe.. That's the same thing I did. I'll be damned if I'd put Ti bolts on the hugger.:lol:

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
those damn fuggin bolts, always go missing and stuff

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
SP8 said:
Hehe.. That's the same thing I did. I'll be damned if I'd put Ti bolts on the hugger.:lol:
It's unsprung weight. Save a gram. (this said as I'm stuffing my face with Taco Bell. hmmmmm meximelt good...)

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Hey, Fill me in one what exactly is going on with this. Ya'll are having problems with the bolts coming out of the hugger fender due to vibrations? If so, dang that sucks, it would suck if you happen to run over it and lose the rear tire. I gotta go to the basement and make sure those suckers are in there. Ya'll are just putting locktite in there or some other type of threadlock? If so, have you had problems with it since?

-Derrick

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
locktite is all you need....semi permanent is fine....another point is to do a ritual of checking nuts and bolts....some people forget that these machines nut and bolts may be tight but 13000 rpms will loosen anything...

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I lost one hugger bolt. My own fault though. I had removed the hugger during a tire/gearing change. A good going through of the bolts is a wise move. I do this when cleaning the bike after each ride.

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
Lost two hugger bolts, 1 chainguard, and yesterday, on the track i lost 2 windscreen bolts.

later...Ara-mri

·
Registered
288 Posts
Funny thing is the owners manual states to check tightness of bolts every so often.
locktite is all you need....semi permanent is fine....another point is to do a ritual of checking nuts and bolts....some people forget that these machines nut and bolts may be tight but 13000 rpms will loosen anything
I was wondering why racing organizations were requiring safety wire of fluid lines.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,577 Posts
I feel so good to finaly have friends now...boltless friends that is...ahhhh the sanity!!!!
I swear if you could have seen or felt the frustration i use to go through with these devil of a bolts.

When I lost my hugger bolt i was totaly shocked....My boy with the Aprila (running form the cops on the news segment) was checking his chain and was like F**K i lost another bolt!!

I was like ...Haa Haaa... then i check my chain..and then i was like WTF!!!!

yep! one bot gone and 2 so lose you can hand tighten them....

I luck up! when i got the Ohlines Dampner, it replaced my tank bolts with 2 onlger bolts, so i took the left over shorter bolts and re huged my hugger!! lol

i think what happend with me was I started out wringing the piss out of this bike from jump!! so i lost bolts wayyyyyy early....

I would have never thought id want more power.....but like most dictatorships in the opressed world....

I Lord Vonsatllin.....want more power!!!! Muhhaaaaaa Muhaaaaaaaa Muhhaaaaaaa!!!!

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
I dont know about the hugger bolts being unsprung weight, but at the rate they fall out at I wouldnt be able to afford titanium for very long, lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts