Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any idea what the Volumetric Efficiency of the ZX is, or the Break Specific fuel Consumption?

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
:shady:.....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh NO but it hauls ass!!!!!:lol:..what's that translate to in a "volumetric syntrifical" value?:badteeth:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:shady:.....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh NO but it hauls ass!!!!!:lol:..what's that translate to in a "volumetric syntrifical" value?:badteeth:
Thanks for the bump I guess.

Does everyone on this forum have a grade school level education and zero curiosity to know what physically goes on with their equipment? I suppose ignorance and stupidity doesn't mean you can nto go fast. If someone just had some logs with MAF readings, Map Readings and temperatures I could just calculate it...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts

Does everyone on this forum have a grade school level education and zero curiosity to know what physically goes on with their equipment? I suppose ignorance and stupidity doesn't mean you can nto go fast. If someone just had some logs with MAF readings, Map Readings and temperatures I could just calculate it...
Um... that probably wasn't the best way to obtain any help or information.

I don't personally know the answer to your questions but there are people on .net that likely do. I'm not sure how receptive they will be to your approach.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I don't personally know the answer to your questions but there are people on .net that likely do. I'm not sure how receptive they will be to your approach.
And the answer I got was much better? Please tell me how my post did not adequately describe the first post I received EVER on the site... This isn't off topic, its not "arrr biks r fast yu thunk?" section, it is performance and tech. I guess if you have more than 1 post you can just be an ass and laugh at peoples questions because you have no conceptual understanding of them. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

I concur, Sasquatch. I think our new friend either lacks an adequate sense of humor, or is too lacking in patience to locate a member with the specific info and background to assist in his inquiry. Either way, the lack of tact and hostility will most definitely undermine his efforts, as no one likes a new guy who comes across as an ..

We all have different educational backgrounds; perhaps just not in the area you find beneficial, Perk. (Ucla Class of '94)

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
And the answer I got was much better? Please tell me how my post did not adequately describe the first post I received EVER on the site... This isn't off topic, its not "arrr biks r fast yu thunk?" section, it is performance and tech. I guess if you have more than 1 post you can just be an ass and laugh at peoples questions because you have no conceptual understanding of them. :dontknow:
If you need it spelled out for you I'll happily do that.

The first response that you received wasn't quite what you were looking for. Big deal. You're on the internet asking for advice in the middle of the night on a Friday. What did you expect to get? Lighten up, Francis. Last I checked, TMY10ER was a respected member of this site. Perhaps he has a sense of humor that doesn't match yours.

Implying that everyone, and you did say everyone, is ignorant, stupid and uneducated is a poor way to ask for advice. If you had any sense of social graces, common courtesy or a shred of dignity you would probably have known that.

I'm going to take my 2 degree having, ignorant, stupid ass elsewhere and happily ignore the rest of this thread. I had a bad night and don't have any desire to listen to anyone's BS.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
I know what both terms mean (although I'm sure the OP meant "brake specific fuel consumption"!)

But, this information is not easy to come by. It will also vary depending on RPM and engine load. There is no fixed number for either one. There is a performance map, with RPM on one axis and engine load (normally referred to in terms of BMEP - "brake mean effective pressure") on the other, with curves showing the BSFC at each point. Takes a lot of dyno testing to obtain this.

·
11,423 Posts

I was just poking fun man BUT after that reply.......you can calculate and bump a set of hairy nuts in your mouth....:asshole:....is THAT grade school enough for you ya prick! OH and best of luck with your quest for results......did you try the "SEARCH" feature we have here or is that to "simple" for you?....:fu2:

Reactions: Sasquatch

·
11,423 Posts

The first response that you received wasn't quite what you were looking for. Big deal. You're on the internet asking for advice in the middle of the night on a Friday. What did you expect to get? Lighten up, Francis. Last I checked, TMY10ER was a respected member of this site. Perhaps he has a sense of humor that doesn't match yours.

Implying that everyone, and you did say everyone, is ignorant, stupid and uneducated is a poor way to ask for advice. If you had any sense of social graces, common courtesy or a shred of dignity you would probably have known that.

I'm going to take my 2 degree having, ignorant, stupid ass elsewhere and happily ignore the rest of this thread. I had a bad night and don't have any desire to listen to anyone's BS.
:lol::lol::lol:..there's that saying again!!!! LOVE it man and thank you brotha. i meant no ill will "at first" i will also take my happy ass to another sections before numbnuts gets me a warning or banned!!:hello:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I know what both terms mean (although I'm sure the OP meant "brake specific fuel consumption"!)

But, this information is not easy to come by. It will also vary depending on RPM and engine load. There is no fixed number for either one. There is a performance map, with RPM on one axis and engine load (normally referred to in terms of BMEP - "brake mean effective pressure") on the other, with curves showing the BSFC at each point. Takes a lot of dyno testing to obtain this.
yes, I meant Brake Specific Fuel Consumption

Fuel flow rate per unit of power

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brake_specific_fuel_consumption

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

If the internet was so unserious, why take my post so seriously? :rolleyes:
If you want me to have some sort of eloquence or manners, why not hold your pal to them? :rolleyes:
Don't get your nickers in such a twist if this is only the internet.

I did not expect advice or information period, I only hoped for it, and when I found out someone replied to the thread only to find out it was garbage, I was a little disappointed. Why did he even reply?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was just poking fun man BUT after that reply.......you can calculate and bump a set of hairy nuts in your mouth....:asshole:....is THAT grade school enough for you ya prick! OH and best of luck with your quest for results......did you try the "SEARCH" feature we have here or is that to "simple" for you?....:fu2:
yes, I searched

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I once open mouthed kissed a horse....I also was moderately respected on this board. But then again I have never posted ANYTHING of value on this board other than a laugh. You my friend have no posts other than this one, so what value do you have on this board ? Now Red, she's just nuts.

·
Registered
34 Posts

MAF lol... You have no clue.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
CHILL OUT or else!!

·
11,423 Posts
I think perkwunos is Sherv back from the grave just messing with us?!!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Yes I know the peak volumetric efficiently of my 10r motor and can work up an average for you but with a stock bike it is different. Ask nicely and say please and I will share and explain to you what they actually mean.

Obviously you are not as smart as you think you or you would not be asking for it in a forum. LOL Here is a fun fact zx10r's do not use MAF sensor. They use a speed density system kinda, well its really closed loop anyway. I could explain what it is and why and I would bet you could not understand what I was talking about and if you did you would not need to ask you would have already figured it out. Time to dust off the calculus books and sharpen your pencil.
And yes I do build race motors for a living would you like me to explain to YOU what it takes to make these bikes fast? I will try to word it for you with your grade school education so you will understand.

Loose the attitude and you will get a lot more help. I am sure you have some good things to contribute to the forum and welcome you but when you insult members no one will listen to you!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts