Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1985 Vmax,first year of production.Riding this one a long time,this is my baby of 19 years....For old school tech,this beast rocks the blacktop!

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:blob8:I could have bought a zx10 sooner if I could have stopped smoking Vmax tires lol!This thing is a HOLESHOT monster! No brakes, just clutch and full throttle,what a rush...and the second gear wheeeeelie is sweet!

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
*That* bike is a keeper. Looks great! I always liked those, and given that they stayed in production for 20 years without much change means they must have got it right!

The new one might be better in terms of refinement, but not in terms of weight or price tag.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,125 Posts
Ive got a buddy with one as well, it sounds amazing, as good as any street bike Ive heard.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
If I had to have a cruiser, it would be a V Max for sure.

Yamaha did a fantastic job with that bike. Looks, Handling, Ergonomics & Power all in one.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I still find it kinda funny that the old ones are faster than the new ones.....in spite of 20 years and $10,000 difference between them.

A classic for sure. The crazy sputtering cam-lope at a stoplight always made me grin. kind of reminds me of the old V8 cammed chevelles that would barely stay running long enough for you to open them up and let them eat.

·
Registered
163 Posts
*That* bike is a keeper. Looks great! I always liked those, and given that they stayed in production for 20 years without much change means they must have got it right!

The new one might be better in terms of refinement, but not in terms of weight or price tag.
^^^Totally agree, never ridden the bike myself, but rode their VMAX snowmobile, and b*tch was fast !!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Someday I plan on getting the
''new''
2009 model,in a few years when the price goes down.I will find one about 5 years old with low miles for a good price.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Had an 89' with a 4-1 right out college. That bike had the best sounding engine I have ever heard on a bike. Granted...it was about the same performance as a stock 600 these days...but very visceral...I miss it. I would not mind another Vmax.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts