Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i went to see my father(who recently moved to VA, right next to the Massanutten Ski Resort). Well it is beautiful there and the roads look nice to ride on. I'm thinking about moving up there, just wondering if anyone on here lives near there and what their input is about the area. thanks guys.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
that ski resort sucks, lol the hills aren't steep enough. remember va state troopers are assholes too.. i live in fairfax now. i have heard that route 33 is good which i think is down that way and when i lived in g-boro i rode in southern va which would be about 3 hours from where you are...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was actually on 33, very nice road! yeah that resort looked kinda lame, but the area is nice.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm...it is looking better and better everyday

·
Registered
18 Posts
I lived in Harrisonburg for 5 years before I moved to Northern Virginia. If I could, I would go back without thinking twice. Beautiful country and the people are all very nice. Its a very relaxed atmosphere but if you are in a hurry or impacient its not the place for you.

As far as riding goes, if you go any direction so long as its not the interstate you'll hit something good in less than 20 minutes. Try Rt 602, its right past your father's place and is a nice ride. It'll take you into the town of Shenandoah. Rt 33 to the west towards Franklin W.V. is good but dangerous, lots of blind curves and some of them aren't graded very well. Lots of bikes go down on that mountain. Send me a PM and I'll be happy to give you lots of good roads. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
147 Posts
I went to JMU which is in Harrisonburg and the only better place i have found in VA is the parkway near skyline drive in Roanoke.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
hit me up too bro if ya move to the area, got alot of good backroads my well as well, and yeah 33 is a good road to tear down... once u hit wv gotta watch in the cuts for troppers and they will come on hauling ass after ya too..... not that i would know... lol, just heard they would.... anyway good luck making the choice

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks everyone...i will keep you posted if i decide to move.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts