Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone see the first daytona sportbike race with Fong and Cardenes finishing dead even at the line 0.000? Cardenes won and they ended up being seperated by a pixel from a still pic the computer snapped when they crossed the line to determine who's wheel actually crossed the plane first. it was the closest finish in any race......ever, i think Greg White had said..it was kinda nuts!! they were saying it has something to do with where the trasponders were on the bike and the fact that cardenes crew had raked the front out a few mm to aid in handling. i don't catch to many of those races but that was a pretty good one.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,056 Posts
I gotta say that was a great race for sure. Ive been banging on the AMA as of lately but that was a good race. Fong is due for that top spot soon.

·
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw that but I don't see how you can win with a 0.000. Thats a fucking tie in my books
I was confused on that as well but from what i understood...the transponders crossed at the exact same time BUT Cardene's bikes front wheel was a few mm ahead of Fongs in one of the pixels they looked at from the pic of the finish when they actually crossed the line. that dude swung around in the last corner and gave a new definition to the word "draft" in the last couple hundred feet to the line!!!!!!! Greg White was saying something about how Cardene's bike was setup in front that put his front wheel out just a few mm's more than Fongs or something like that? kinda strange i know BUT damn that was a good race!!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I saw that but I don't see how you can win with a 0.000. Thats a fucking tie in my books
Thats why they have photo finish!!!They cant have a tie. their are no points for a tie.It was a awsome finish.Fongs first ama win!!!!:helmet:

·
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats why they have photo finish!!!They cant have a tie. their are no points for a tie.It was a awsome finish.Fongs first ama win!!!!:helmet:
I must be semi-retarded cause i "thought" AND posted that Cardenes won? oops!!:lol::lol: i coulda swore he did?!:dontknow:

·
Chairman of the Board
16,056 Posts
I had to go to the AMA site to confirm but yes Fong did win. Wow, thats all I can say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts