Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents, do any of you recommend any kind of software. The sony stuff that came with the video camera sucks. I have pinnecale version 9.4, but it'll hang up either downloading the video or making the full version. Just tried MS video tool with Win XP and that sucked since it couldn't keep up with the frame rate for some reason.

Anyone using anything better? Buddy is sending me Sony Vegas or something like that. Any ideas as to why its hanging up in Pinnacle? Chris, what do you use?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hey rick, the sony vegas video is a breeze to work with. its very user friendly and makes some quality stuff. i did a dvd for my last band using only vegas video 4.0. give it a try you will probably like it. i have also tried adobe`s version. its is kinda hard to learn but once ya get the hang of it, its a good one also. hope this helps!! :badteeth:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Rick, I am also using Pinnacle 9.4 but don't have any problems with it. It is just missing some features of the less expensive editing software. I am looking for even better. I best I found is only for MAC. Mac have the best when it comes to video and music editing. Thats what the big boys use.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i am getting the sony vegas in the mail asap from a friend. the pinnacle i will have to figure out why its stopping midstream. I know the big boys use apple for this kind of stuff, but unless i do it full time, i have no need for the big boy stuff :mrgreen: chris does this sound right so far, download the video from the camera using the mpeg selection, then drag all the clips to the editing board, then on make a film create an mpeg movie?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yes, sound right if posting on the web. I use the DV full quality capture for burning on dvd's. Are you saying it stops during the capture or the editing stage?

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It stops on both the download and the acutal making a movie, the 3rd step. On the download, the video is still playing on the camera but the screen shows nothing?

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i cruised pinnacles website today, and i guess the upgrade i did, didn't cover a patch that is for the software hanging like mine was. Upgraded the patch, and here we go, downloading the riding video so far with no problems!! Ah the joys of life when shit works out. But if you work for FEDEX, they can kiss my white ass!! :fu2: They have absolutly pissed me off pass the point of no return!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
My favorite is not really practical for non-professionals. Avid Express Elite (uncompressed). I also have Adobe Premier 6.5 which I like a lot. If I had never used the Avid, I would probably love Adobe Premier. I also have Liquid 6. Haven't used it much. Seems strange compared to the systems I have used before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts