Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eyecrazy: Ok maybe its me but im not new to bikes been riding them for 20 years but this is my first liter bike in sometime.....ya ya I know blah blah :0 I am getting alot of vibrations in the handle bars so much that my hands go numb pretty quickly. It really vibrates when im above 4k rpm's, I cant even see out the mirrors they are shaking so bad...ya like you can anyway. The bike has a little over 1000 miles now and it seems to be getting worse but the dealership says there isnt anything wrong, ya like I havent heard that one before. Any ideas??? I thought it could be the stem bolt or even loose bar ends but the bar ends are tight and the stem bolt seems to be tight also?? Hey thanks for any ideas or help on this one. Love the bike man is it fast, gotta love it

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
The usual culprits:

Does the vbration increase with rpm? ..check motormounts

Is there alot of vibration in foot pegs too? .. check chain tension and wheel alignment

She does vib alot. Sure it's not normal? try to a ride on another 10.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
generally speaking the 10 has a destinct harmonic vibe in the 4k area and no it won't get any better with mileage but aside from that its a high strung/performance bike that has been developed with lighter weight componetry everywhere so smoothness and vibe free were not on the R&D agenda.(well maybe just a lill)

BD

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I hear ya guys just wanted to see if anyone else had the same thing happen to them. Hell Older Guy I hear ya on a smooth ride...Hondas hell those are for girls lol. Miykl... ya the vibrations get more as the rpms pickup, a little in the footpegs but nothing out of the ordinary, and im the only one in my group that has one everyone else still likes the GSXR1000, I jumped ship from Gsxr's glad I did love it. Hey I can live with the vibrations it looks damn good and rides like a stripped A$$ ape, just hold on man :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
i also own an Aprilia Mille, and the 10 vibrates WAY more than my twin does. the Mille is 10,000 times more comfortable to ride than the ZX is.. but i didnt buy the ZX to be comfortable, if i wanted that i'd buy a caddy.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I'm feelin' some good vibrations! Good, good, good...good vibrations.
Besides just being an old Beach Boy's song...I think it's just the natural hum of the bike. You'll get used to it.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
My hands used to get numb after 1-2hrs in the saddle. Try switching to aftermarket grips. Don't remember what kind I bought(Pro-Grip maybe?) get the nice soft ones, that did the trick for me. Best $10 I've spent on the bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts