Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
New to the forum and very first post!!! Anyway i just got a 2005 zx10r and love the bike but when i get to 100+ its starts to vibrate/shake. It needs a front tire and i have one on the way but really dont think that is the problem. Anyone have this issue before or any ideas of what it might be? Thanks for the help!

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I would replace the front tire and then try again, a worn out tire will give you more problems then you think.

·
Is still Slo
1,538 Posts
+1, would wait for the tire. Depending on just how worn down the tire is.....was balanced when it was new, once the tire gets extremely bald, those weights could make it more unbalanced.

If the bike with new tires still does it, check the front forks, loosen and re-tighten. Maybe this was caused from the bike being down in the past?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
+2 I have the same issue and i know it is the front tire.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
It's either the tire itself, it's unbalanced, or you need to check the head bearings or at least make sure everything is tight up front.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cools guys thanks for the help. My tire will be here on monday and will get it put on and all done up and see if that helps or stops it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
probably the tire, even on car worn out tires give serious problems. Low air pressure will also do this sort fo thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
-1 in front and stock on back and no throttle insert. Does have a Jardine slip-on and power commander( unpluged atm due to puffs of smoke at high revs and no smoke without it and seems to be no difference in the power) this thing is crazy as is cant imagine going 1 or 2 up in the rear and throttle insert.

Have a GPR Street Damper V1 also. Need to find some headers to go with this slip-on so i can get this thing on a dyno and get a map for it!! Anyway thanks for all the help guys:hello: right now i am just waiting on the tire to get here.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
-1 in front and stock on back and no throttle insert. Does have a Jardine slip-on and power commander( unpluged atm due to puffs of smoke at high revs and no smoke without it and seems to be no difference in the power) this thing is crazy as is cant imagine going 1 or 2 up in the rear and throttle insert.

Have a GPR Street Damper V1 also. Need to find some headers to go with this slip-on so i can get this thing on a dyno and get a map for it!! Anyway thanks for all the help guys:hello: right now i am just waiting on the tire to get here.
the only headers that a slipon will work with (without modification) are the factory headers (which are titanium anyway) so if you get aftermarket headers then you'll need to either get a new midpipe OR add an extension to your existing mid.:badteeth:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts