Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not a thread of wich pad is best...

Im using on my M4 calipers oem gen5 pads, they are good, but need just a bit more stopping power vesrah are good pads but lots of flavors.. used RJLs looooong tiiiiiiiime ago so I dont remember.
used RSV4 pads and those where better than gen5 ones.
I rider on the street, occasional track days, but mostly on the street.

could you guys point me on the right direction.

I have heard good things of EBC extreme pro.. also...

thanks

·
Registered
526 Posts
I've always used the SRJL-17 it is their linear pads. Always felt solid to me and always same feel at all speeds and temperatures, I've always felt hesitant in getting the progressive ones due to unexpected results at random times. Have used EBC once before I learned about Vesrah and wouldn't ever go back. Had the EBC on my 2005 636 and they felt decent at lower speeds and in the city, but at the track would heat up and wouldn't work as well. Of course its possible I had the wrong pads for the job, so consider that.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I too prefer the SRJL-17, especially if you still street ride. Same calipers as you. Also like the Galfer G1003, but they aren't as good for the street as they don't really stop well when cold. Wouldn't run the EBC, even if they paid me.

·
Registered
179 Posts
With regards to the Vesrah pads, I'm not saying to buy them here, its just that they have a good list of whats available.

Buying elsewhere has its advantages, too. The biggest being you wont have "Curvy Girl" end up on your credit card statement.

https://www.kurveygirl.com/shop/index.php?cPath=29_40&osCsid=3lg1t1qt36bkkejgkljmkfqfl7

With that in mind, whats the difference between the RJL-SS and RJL-ZZ?

With that said, I also liked the SRJL-17, but seeing these others makes me curious.

I also enjoyed the 9031-ct pad they show here:

https://www.kurveygirl.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=782&osCsid=3lg1t1qt36bkkejgkljmkfqfl7

The 9031ct felt very similar to the others, but lasted a long time.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
here is a chart...
and yes that store is the place I buy all my brake parts, good service and good stuff...
and now that chinese copy all stuff, better to know where you buy stuff
but Im a bit more curious...

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
That "SS" pad is tough to overlook. Good power, and it looks as if its heat range is workable for both street and track.

I had a set of the SRJL-X pads for the earlier generation zx10 caliper. It looks like that specific pad has been discontinued....but that pad was to die for. Super expensive, but its performance was stunning.

I felt bad when I used my brakes just because I knew Id never buy another set ($$$) and I did not want to wear them out.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
I have EBC Extreme Pro's and use them on the street and track.

Still can't stop enough though...

Brakes aren't as fast as the damn bike...

·
Registered
179 Posts
MPP12, let us know which pad you get, and what compound.

Most of the pads ive used have been tested on my concours 14. Its not zx10 fast, but makes up for that fact that it weighs as much as 3 or 4 zx10's , complete with rider. Well, it snot that heavy, in less its tank is full.

The best Vesrah pad Ive found, for it, is that "CT" compound and I dont even think that made the list. Amazing performance, cold or hot, and its durable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts