Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Always excellent advice from you guys and hoping for some more...

So I scored a fantastic (really fantastic!) deal on a used 1 piece suit with a speed hump. It was too good to pass up basically. The only thing I need is a back protector for my first track day next year. Needless to say I'm pretty stoked!

The suit is really snug so I plan to stretch it out over the winter by soaking it and wearing it around the house as much as I can. I'm sure it would fit nicely once stretched but I still need room for a back protector. There's definitely going to be room for a protector around the lower part of my back (I have a slim belly), but the upper back area is really tight and I wonder if I can consider my upper back protected by the hump and simply get a lower back protector rather than one that goes from neck to tailbone.

Something like this:
https://m.fortnine.ca/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/catalogimages/ufo/1202049.jpg

Should I take a chance it'll fit and buy something like this instead?
https://m.fortnine.ca/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/catalogimages/ufo/1202047.jpg

Worse comes to worse I can sell the suit in the spring and make a profit.

Cheers!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmm, let's try those images again...

Lower protector:

or this:

This would probably not fit:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't think I would consider the speed hump as protection, but I understand the thought process. Obviously it's better than nothing. I would go with option 2 in a heartbeat if it fits.

Another option could be looking into the Leatt (sp?) compression shirts with the protectors integrated.. not sure if they would fit better or not.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a local to me brand called Tap Moto (from Vancouver) in a size 42. It's older but similar to this one. It's doesn't have the metal detailing though.

TAP-2000 Men?s 1pc Leather Suit | TAP Moto

Now that I read the website, it occurs to me that there could be a foam back pad in the suit that I can remove for more room.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts