Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any experience with Versah's newest ZZ pads?
Would racing brake fluid be a better upgrade than pads for a track day? both?
They'd be going up against the OEM brembo pads on the Gen5...

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,136 Posts
No but I use the XX Compound on the track and they are great on the Gen 5. And they last. Best pads Ive ever used.
Anyone got any experience with Versah's newest ZZ pads?
Would racing brake fluid be a better upgrade than pads for a track day? both?
They'd be going up against the OEM brembo pads on the Gen5...

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No but I use the XX Compound on the track and they are great on the Gen 5. And they last. Best pads Ive ever used.
Just leave the fluid alone? (pads only)

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
im happy with my RJL's for mostly street, some track days peppered in.
Might as well do brake fluid when its time for a flush, but i dont think there is any reason to rush it. I havent heard of OEM brake fluid being a problem for a track day.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im happy with my RJL's for mostly street, some track days peppered in.
Might as well do brake fluid when its time for a flush, but i dont think there is any reason to rush it. I havent heard of OEM brake fluid being a problem for a track day.
I purchased some Motul RBF600 for safe keeping.. If the brakes start to fade at the track this Sunday I'll pull off and do a quick flush, but otherwise the OEM fluid is pretty clear and topped off (less than 4K on the bike).

I'll take a set of Vesrah's with me too, but I think I won't open them unless necessary. If I can live without them that's $150+ I don't have to drop... and another track day I can buy instead!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Ahh nvm i just saw you posted that today. Anyways Im running the XX compound and at grattans long straight i never had any noticeable fade when braking from 160 + or - a few mph., i only switched because i got a good deal on them here but i doubt stock 4th gen pads could handle that after a few laps. Your Brembos though idk i feel like they should be able too.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I just ran Road Atlanta on OEM pads and back stretch has 180mph straight followed by a downhill 2nd gear left hander and this is 3rd track day on oem pads without issue. Need replaced after next track day but you will be fine with stock pads for sure! I was running upper intermediate pace lower advance and had zero issues with brake fade. Road Atlanta has alot of high speed straights into some tight stuff so I would not stress your brakes at this point. Of course check your pad and make sure there is at least 60% life to be safe...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts