Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chris Vermeulen is going to sit out the rest of the season since he re-injured his knee at the Brno WSBK race. I wonder if Kawasaki will try to fill his seat or will they park the bike for the rest of the year? I would like to see Hacking have a shot at riding it. Could be interesting.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Chris Vermeulen is going to sit out the rest of the season since he re-injured his knee at the Brno WSBK race. I wonder if Kawasaki will try to fill his seat or will they park the bike for the rest of the year? I would like to see Hacking have a shot at riding it. Could be interesting.
hacking would be ok.I think they should get back eric bostrom!now that dude can ride.he did well on the kawi in its 750 and 800 days when he had no 10 to ride.I would love to see him on the 10.I hear hes coming back to ama on a gixer.:helmet:

·
Registered
399 Posts
I hate to be cruel..but get rid of Vermeulen now before the 2011 ZX10R comes on line. The last thing we need is a rider that is not 110% to be taking the new bike through it's paces. Buy his contract out and get another rider. WE NEED TO WIN. Enough of low-balling talent to ride Kawasaki.

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
bring Yanagawa out of test ride/semi retirement status or better still put Shinya Nakano on it

·
Registered
795 Posts
I hate to be cruel..but get rid of Vermeulen now before the 2011 ZX10R comes on line. The last thing we need is a rider that is not 110% to be taking the new bike through it's paces. Buy his contract out and get another rider. WE NEED TO WIN. Enough of low-balling talent to ride Kawasaki.
Exactly.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
bring Yanagawa out of test ride/semi retirement status or better still put Shinya Nakano on it
It don't matter who you put on this years bike, its a fricking boat anchor, I am embarrased to call myself a Kawi fan. That bike should not be slow, they have had three full years of development on it, no excuse:headshake

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
It don't matter who you put on this years bike, its a fricking boat anchor, I am embarrased to call myself a Kawi fan. That bike should not be slow, they have had three full years of development on it, no excuse:headshake
too true :headshake KHI needs to step up the game a lot,hopefully the new model will fair better

·
Registered
927 Posts
Well Hacking in WSBK would get his ass handed to him. Did he win a race in AMA on the 10 at all? Go after Maladin or somebody for the testing and then try to get Toni Elias with some big bucks to switch over if you can. But hey my .02 is as good as anybodys because we all know Kawi will suck it up all year like they always do.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
I don't think it matters who they get to ride the damn thing, it's a brick......hell anyone would be hard pressed to even be competitive on the kawi unless they got a 10 second handicap or something! you think that KHI is going to pay big bucks to try and get someone good to ride a bike that's not capable of keeping pace with the rest of the field? hopefully next year will be different BUT that remains to be seen. I love my kawi's but it has always pissed me off to watch the struggle outside the AMA....and even there we're still having hell.

·
Registered
202 Posts
vermeulen showed at phillip island that he was prepared to flog the shit out of the bike for results, or crash trying. unfortunately he completed the latter. he was mixing it up with the top ten till his accident, a feat that has only been bettererd once this year by Sykes.

since then he has carried an injury that now seems to have gotten the better of him. he is a top line racer, and proved that by fighting on, but i can only think that a rest now will see a better return next year.

he was never signed to win a championship this year remember. he was signed for next year all along, and this year was to get him settled in the team/setup.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well I'm sure glad that Vermeulen is now settled in with the team and set-up ... at the very back of the field.

Am guessing we've all noticed that the Kawi's consistently pack the last 5 places of the field ... regularly ... and embarrassingly.

Contrast that with the two newbies in the field - the BMW and Aprilia - both making the Kawi look like a second rate bicycle even after 5 years of development ! Yet the Kawi PR department continues to promote the ZX10R as pure race bred for the track ... BAH !

Would I be surprised to see Kawi quietly exit the WSB for the litre class ? Not really ... something tells me it's time to stick to the 600cc class and call it quits on a model that's NEVER performed on a race track.

It's not the riders under-performing ... sadly, it's the bike !!

:heyyou:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Kawi liter bike performance in AMA and WSBK has been horrible the last couple years after they stopped contingency to their riders. So don't really blamed the riders for everything.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,056 Posts
Seems like Chris has been beat to hell and back for a while now. I hope he will take the time he needs to get back to 100%. As for the Kawi, I think were gonna have to wait for the 2011 to hope for any real results. Im keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i agree completely.

the 10r has been hugely dissappointing the last few years. next year's bike is what they are focussed on now.

i was happy to see connor cummins doing so well on the zx10r at the IOM TT this year though.

·
Administrator
6,717 Posts
Sadly I expect the back of the field to be green during WSBK weekends. When I feel most embarrassed is at the very end when they show the manufacturers points. Being a long time racing and Kawi fan these past years have been ruff to say the least.
I wonder if Kawasaki will try to fill his seat or will they park the bike for the rest of the year? I would like to see Hacking have a shot at riding it. Could be interesting.
Too many races left to just park the bike. Hacking had a few decent rides in WSBK but I can't see Kawi having 2 US riders over there :dontknow:

I think they should get back eric bostrom!now that dude can ride.he did well on the kawi in its 750 and 800 days when he had no 10 to ride.I would love to see him on the 10.I hear hes coming back to ama on a gixer.:helmet:
EBoz and the ZX-7RR was one of those rear combinations that just jelled. He is (was?) a hell of a rider but we'll have to wait for this weekend and next to see how the time away has affected him.

Hate to say it but I feel the same, but then again I've never been a Vermeulen fan. Kawi MotoGP went through this with Hopkins and I felt the same then, only difference is that I am a big Hopper fan.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Looks like yanagawa.
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2010/Jul/100713ummokay.htm

I like chris v. On paper he makes sense: regular winner in wsbk on inferior at the time honda cbr's, won in motogp on inferior equipment, and by all sensible rights should still be there instead of capirossi.

But, it'd be better for him to fully recover and hopefully return next year as a contender if bike is able. You know, it could be that he has that john hopkins curse thing going on too. I remember when hopkins was amazing to watch and you never know what he might have accomplished if he hadn't languished so long on that zuki that tried to kill and nearly did kill him for a few years. A body can only take so much i guess. Hope Chris V is not in the same place. I say give him another year to see and try to $way corser away from bmw to help develope the new 10r ($$$).

I know everyone loves Eboz, but short of a few spirited rides years ago, he really accomplished nothing other than make women and gays interested in ama racing. Just my 2c.

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
I know everyone loves Eboz, but short of a few spirited rides years ago, he really accomplished nothing other than make women and gays interested in ama racing. Just my 2c.
:crackup:

My wife actually started watching WSBK a couple of years ago because of Toseland.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
:crackup:

My wife actually started watching WSBK a couple of years ago because of Toseland.
:lol: The local ducati dealership always had their factory riders do autograph sesions when in town for barbers. My wife always wanted to go to get see eboz and especially neil hodgson. Now I'm as straight as anyone, but i'm confident enuf in my manhood to say that is a handsome dude.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts