Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just need to vent a little and what better place...

came to work this morning and had an unhappy customer on my answering machine. we have a family run business.

make a long story short, the woman sent her son in to speak to us. basically threatening us and talking like he knows how to do this and we didnt do it right etc etc. mind u, he's all of 25, but he's done it all and knows it all.

im a pretty mellow dude, ive been in very few fights in my life, but i gotta admit, i was very close to knocking this punk out this morning. but i know id be the one in court getting assfucked by the judge...

i really hate people who know more about your business than u do. and, who love to start problems... why cant people just be nice about it, if we did something wrong, we will fix it... but if u act like that towards me, can u expect me to be all cheery and nice about it...?

/rant

·
Registered
202 Posts
I hear ya bro. Happens where I work sometimes. I guess they never make a mistake so it gives them the right to jump all over other people when they do. Must be nice to be 25 and perfect.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
And the sad thing is that it will always be like that, whenever you have to deal with and try to please everyone (ie...customers-the public) there's always gonna be that one asshole who throws a wrench in the mix, who knows though....that kid might have just had a shitty day or broke up with his chick, got fired, got a ticket,anything to set him off so he's gotta let it out somehow somewhere. you shoulda just locked his ass up in a storage closet or a bathroom for the whole damn day!!!! see how he'd like those apples?:mrgreen: OH and of course you could have smacked the piss out of him once he's locked up in the dark!!!

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
Its always interesting to me how they kid knows everything about the job, but his own mother didn't hire him to do it....

... wonder why that is? *S*

I always agree with them....

and then add 25% to the bill.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its nice to want to slap someone around or add to their bill or do this and that... but when it comes right down to it, i still need to get paid... and we're not talking a loss of hundreds, we're talking thousands...

and, if i were to lay a hand on him, id be in deep shit. i dont need that in my life, ever. no matter how much someone needs their ass beat, if im @ work, its not worth it. outside of work, thats another story. until someone threatens harm on me or my family @ work, i will hold back...

the general public has no idea whats involved in owning your own business. you work twice as hard and twice the hours they do.. and they still dont give a flying fuck. its all about them or nothing. they all think they are your only customer, while i have a pile of people waiting in line to have work done...

f it, its beer time!

·
Chairman of the Board
16,020 Posts
Sounds like you deserve a good rant. Best of luck to you on resolving that. I know you want to be business like but its hard not to take things personal sometimes. Best of luck to ya.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Before I retired, I worked with the public for 35 years. I came to one conclusion: There are people genetically predisposed to be assholes. If Jesus showed up at their door offering eternal salvation and the winning Lotto ticket, they would kick him off their property for having dirty sandals and looking like a Hippy.:headshake

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Before I retired, I worked with the public for 35 years. I came to one conclusion: There are people genetically predisposed to be assholes. If Jesus showed up at their door offering eternal salvation and the winning Lotto ticket, they would kick him off their property for having dirty sandals and looking like a Hippy.:headshake
haha.

great analysis.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Great line from, "Clerks" that was fitting to my old job in retail.

"This job would be great if it weren't for the fucking customers." -Randal

1 - 13 of 13 Posts