Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my experience with the Velocity turbo "kit" has been so far a struggle to fit, tune and make the exhaust enter the turbocharger without an exhaust leak before the waste gate. I believe that Velocity had sold the kits without much research into the difference between model years and fitment has been a real problem. Now I realize that a new owner has acquired the Velocity business and is even more, less intune with the Ninja zx10r. He has had the header, which the Turbo accually fell off due to the flange breaking at the weld, that I repaired for nearly a month, but the fitment or lack therof is a problem only the manufacture can resolve and I feel as though I am getting the old run around or lack of attention here. Anybody have a 07 zx10r turbo header for sale? Trying to get it ready to go to Johnny Turbo for tunning before bikeweek in Daytona,Fl. This was supposed to be fun! any help would be appreciated. The motor is 9.0-1 with a low first gear installed and a pingel air shifter with the shift minder set up. Stage 2 and an alcohol injection unit. Cost me a ton and now have trouble getting any service,HELP!

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Try a custom exhaust shop/builder. Or, there are a bunch of companies in the UK that make and sell 10R turbo kits. Nobody aside from Velocity in states sells a pre made kit. But UK has quite a few companies. See if they will ship you one of their headers.
http://www.bigccracing.com/shop/product.asp?idproduct=270

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for the information however, please remember, I just forked out almost $7000.00 dollars U.S. to purchase the kit from Velocity and put it on in my shop after changing almost everything that didnt fit, to fit, & made my own fuel map as they did not have one availible???. Now must I spend another ???$$$ for a U.K.header?, No! I was hoping someone might have one that works, used or trying to clean up their space and sell it for a miere $400.00 or less so I can forget about it.
"Just trying to go fast and not go crazy."
Seems like Velocity would have the fix, dont you think? I should have stayed with quarter mile dragboats. Ah!

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
I know you're frustrated. Maybe someone has or is willing to make you one on here like you said.
Drag racing is probably the most stressful hobby one can have. I know, I have been doing it for years too.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
If I had a nickel... To get the header fixed, you can keep trying with the new Velocity owners (maybe send a registered letter stating exactly what you expect) or send it to another shop - like Jones Performance in North Florida (if you will be close to Johnny Turbo, Chris is the man for turbo fab work) - http://jonesperformancecycle.com/

Or maybe closer to you is Richard Peppler at RCC - http://www.rccturbos.com/. Both will make sure it's right before they send it back.

Or, find a local machine shop that thinks they do good welding, and bring it to them. Might be a $50 fix.

But the biggest thing to keep in mind is that this is not that unusual, and once you get through the issues, you'll have a wicked bike that will absolutely haul ass. Good choice of tuner, that is the MOST important part, IMHO.

good luck,
Dean

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, thanks man, I will check on monday my options with Velocity again, and the guys in Fla. thats where the bike is, I am in MIchigan. Some business people really dont understand what it takes to "be a champion".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts