Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I bought a nitrous Spray bar for my 10 and its telling me that I have to run all short velocity stack or remove the two taller ones,What is that going to do to me performance wise?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have heard that even if you are not running nitrous and you install all short stacks it will improve your performance. But I haven't been able to test the rumors yet.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,388 Posts
Theoretically this means a wee bit more top end and cost you a wee bit of low end torque, but it is a very, very subtle difference. The cylinder 1 and 4 stacks are something like $6 or $7 at the dealer, so it's very cheap to try it out and see whether you like it.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
I bought a airbox for dirt cheap and slapped all 4 shorties in there, i think it made a little difference in the top end "pull" but i did it at the same time i did a few other mods so there's no telling. it definately won't hurt anything or your performance.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
did this mod to my 05 and it made a noticeable difference in the mid-top end range. i do suggest retuning the bike after if you decide to go the all short v stack way.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I ended up searching craigslist and there was a guy on there that had some first gen parts and had the air box for 20 bucks which included the stacks i bought it and opened it up and got a bmc race filter for free! I got lucky to say the least but the short stacks did add a slight diff to my mid to top range couldnt feel any hurt in the low end. itd be hard to feel any hurt in the low end with -1 +2 and a riflemans 1/5th though.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
I went the other way and did the Factory Pro stacks looking for more mid range power and could definitely tell a difference. Unfortunately I didn't get to check it on the dyno.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts