Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
A waste of money. Find someone selling stock stacks and use all short stacks. Then cut down your ram air tubes about half way. You'll feel a difference!!! Shouldnt cost you more than 20 bucks

·
Registered
279 Posts
Factory Pro (or someone affiliated) with them has claimed that the Velocity Stacks provide a few more rear wheel horsepower than just the four (4) short stacks do... I think it was three (3) more ponies, but could easily be mistaken.

The price just doesn't seem worth it in my opinion... What I would be interested in is who is actually running the Velocity Stacks in their 1st generation?

If anyone, I have some questions/requests for you for research purposes.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
A waste of money. Find someone selling stock stacks and use all short stacks. Then cut down your ram air tubes about half way. You'll feel a difference!!! Shouldnt cost you more than 20 bucks
:+1:.....I've done both the above and there is a noticeable difference AND it makes it a little easier to get those godforsaken ran air tubes back into the frame if you have to remove them.....I have FP billett stacks on my 750 with some other mods but had a custom tune/map done afterwards and i think i picked up right at 2 HP,,,,,,,,sure as hell didn't justify the $200 they ran. :headshake

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
I bought a bunch of parts together from a member and the FP stacks came with them. Supposedly an increase in midrange power I didn't dyno before and after. There was definitely a growl from the airbox though.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I am going to have to try this one!

Quick question though... When you say cut down your ram air tubes about half way... would you recommend cutting them to where they don't have to curve into the frame anymore? So they are just a straight tube?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I am going to have to try this one!

Quick question though... When you say cut down your ram air tubes about half way... would you recommend cutting them to where they don't have to curve into the frame anymore? So they are just a straight tube?
:headshake

Please dont hack any air tubes...

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Don't cut the ram air tubes down! Do this:
I got to tinker with the ram air tubes that are inside the frame. I cut out the divider. I then placed a hose clamp over the end nearest the front of the bike. I cut out some ribbing so the clamp sits flush and the tube doesn't distort. Here are the pics.

One side has the stock tube (no light) the other side has the modified tube (light coming through).

Both sides with modified tubes.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well im sure glad i asked this looks like a great cheap mod that i can get some easy gain out of....thanks all

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
what you mean cut down ram air tubes

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
im wantin to do this mod. so basically all you are doin is cuttin out the divider that goes inside the front of the bike and useing a hose clamp ? and is it really necessary to use a hose clamp ?
Thats why I just cut the ram air tube down, that flap in the middle only goes back about 3 inches so you just cut it off to there and your done! I dont see the issue or why you would go through the extra work to trim it out and out a hose clap on?:dontknow:

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Thats why I just cut the ram air tube down, that flap in the middle only goes back about 3 inches so you just cut it off to there and your done! I dont see the issue or why you would go through the extra work to trim it out and out a hose clap on?:dontknow:
so you just cut your tubes down where it connects to the frame where the divider start and stops ? did they fit back into the frame correctly after ?

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
:+1:

so you just cut your tubes down where it connects to the frame where the divider start and stops ? did they fit back into the frame correctly after ?
They actually go back into the frame MUCH easier that before. some guys cut out the flap and others will hack off roughly 4"-6" off the end of the tubes. i have had no ill side effects since doing this almost a year ago myself, have the 4 short "stock" stacks and there is a slight gain but i wouldn't drop $200 on a set of billet ones by any means.....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts