Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Yeah, I'm gonna say it, the search feature would have given you the answer. Not a huge gain, and for the price they should be one of the last things you do. Some people have reported a 3-5 hp gain across the board but they're not simply just a bolt on power adder, they need a good tune to reap the benefits.

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
If you search through the forum, you'll find out that most people who has it think of the v stacks as merely another piece of the modding bug. No major or drastic increase in performance, very little only.

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
If you search through the forum, you'll find out that most people who has it think of the v stacks as merely another piece of the modding bug. No major or drastic increase in performance, very little only.
:+1: Not may have them because most don't consider it worth it for the gains or lack of.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
The new 09 ZX6R has these dual height velocity stacks in that it offers less of a trade off for low and high rpm power. It has approx. 1/2 of the stack short and half tall. It was supposed to boost the ailing midrange of the 07-08 ZX6R's. I know that Yoshiimura had experimented with a similar design with some success.

You can be sure the 2010 ZX10R will have these new fangled stacks.

·
Registered
798 Posts
The new 09 ZX6R has these dual height velocity stacks in that it offers less of a trade off for low and high rpm power. It has approx. 1/2 of the stack short and half tall. It was supposed to boost the ailing midrange of the 07-08 ZX6R's. I know that Yoshiimura had experimented with a similar design with some success.

You can be sure the 2010 ZX10R will have these new fangled stacks.

um most bikes do the 2 short 2 long

my 04 636 had em .. my 06 10 has em (both bikes had 2 short and 2 long)

the only ones i know are different are the yahmis with the variable length (servo controlled)

·
Registered
798 Posts
and pretty much the theory is that shorter stacks help top end while longer/taller stacks help the bottom end

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I always thought it was backwards from that. Sports cars have long intake runners to help the top end and pick up motors have shorter intake runner to help with the bottom end. That is why the old carb race cars had stacks on them. Too help with the top end where they operate. I could be totally wrong on this. I am not really that familiar with motorcycles. I just assume that internal commbustion engines use the same principals.

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,134 Posts
I have stacks on my 05, tried a couple of combonations (lengths) to get the mest result. I do notice a little gain and the sound of the exhaust is a little unique. Is it worth the money?:dontknow: Each to his own "BUT" to be fair I don't have a PC or the money to pay a Dyno shop to play with it..With that said, who want to buy my stacks:crackup:

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
um most bikes do the 2 short 2 long

my 04 636 had em .. my 06 10 has em (both bikes had 2 short and 2 long)

the only ones i know are different are the yahmis with the variable length (servo controlled)
I know that most bikes have different length stacks, that are tuned to air box resonance.

The new ones I am talking about are what Kawi has called "double-bore funnels." The theory behind them is that it lessens the trade off between short and longer stacks. The slits molded into the bottom are for top end performance as they have a similar benefit to short stacks.

Here's a pic of what I mean.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts