1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Do they come in carbon fiber?
2. Who all makes them in any material?
3. Are they worth it?
4. Will you buy them for me for Christmas?
5. Does this post make my ass look fat?

:badteeth:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Ryan, have I got a deal for you. Send me a set of those stacks and I'll do a whole write up thing on how they are installed(including pics) and how they perform on various tracks, and you get all the publicity. Sound like a deal? Gotta try something I'm outta money now. ;)

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I'll sell my air box w/ factory pro stacks for $125 in exchange for a stock air box and stock stacks. I moddified my box for the Factory Pro stacks to sit flush on the base of the box instead of on the lips that the stock stacks go on.

As for do I think they make a difference... I did not do before and after dyno runs, but my "highly tuned butt dyno" says no. This was post custom map with a slip on. They may make a more pronouce difference now that I have the EVO II if I was to get a custom map made. I dunno.... Out of the HP race.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Does anyone have dyno charts for before and after velocity stacks? :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am still looking for something different. If there is no other type of velocity stack then I will buy the factory pro units. But it would be nice to have something to compair it to. Anyway thanks for the info.

·
Registered
583 Posts
maze said:
1. Do they come in carbon fiber?
2. Who all makes them in any material?
3. Are they worth it?
4. Will you buy them for me for Christmas?

:badteeth:
No just tight! :lol: :badteeth:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Ryan Schnitz said:
Cool thanks. Do you find the stock map can adjust if i put these on? I already have a slip on or will i need to swallow the pc3 pill?

·
Registered
451 Posts
On there dyno graph they say 4 H.P. up top
thats with stacks and a BMC filter !
versus stock stacks and stock OEM filter
I am sure the BMC is good for 3 H.P.
so whats that leave the stacks 1???

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
lavudyar said:
Looks like you're a bit off the top around 11.5k?
More like 12k. That just before you shift anyway.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
1killer1liter said:
More like 12k. That just before you shift anyway.
True. Not sure I'd like that 'bump' around 9k though. Maybe a better map would smooth it out?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I know this might not help much but this is factory pro stacks and bmc race filter on my 2004 r1. Same day same dyno, the bike had termignoni slip ons and no cat during these runs. The fueling was not changed. I gained as much as 8hp mid range in some spots, however peak hp dropped off a little earlier than stock. I think that the stacks and filter combination work.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
So how much are the stacks for the 10 and do you have to mod the airbox for them to fit?

post edited: I'm stupid and didn't go to the linky linky on 1st page. Never mind.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts