Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
^There is a thread on those. Not worth the coin at all in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Power gains are marginal in relation to the cost. As far as gen1's are concerned. There's a few threads on them. I always wanted some till I saw performance was minimal.
velocity stacks move your power curve around, high or low or middle of both. do you want another 5hp at redline? or 5hp in the middle of the powerband...thats what velocity stacks do for you

·
Kawasaki Whisperer
1,687 Posts
velocity stacks move your power curve around, high or low or middle of both. do you want another 5hp at redline? or 5hp in the middle of the powerband...thats what velocity stacks do for you
That is correct. They create a change in where you want more power. I think a lot of people think they create more power overall. I don't see them helping me any. I don't know if I would even notice the difference as my skill level of riding on the track is marginal.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
That is correct. They create a change in where you want more power. I think a lot of people think they create more power overall. I don't see them helping me any. I don't know if I would even notice the difference as my skill level of riding on the track is marginal.
many don't understand how performance works and assume things incorrectly all the time. it happens too often. it takes about a 10% change for you to notice so, depends on what ya got going on in your midrange and how extreme the stacks are, they can vary 20hp, literally, depending on application.

for most of the people at the track, they're unnecessary, on the street, 90% of things people buy are unnecessary. so, meh. many of em will put on vstacks then never get it tuned and go oh this are awesome, or oh this are shit, but without ever tuning for the changes made.

its frustrating. however i'm in the same boat really, i used my stock vstacks

·
Kawasaki Whisperer
1,687 Posts
many don't understand how performance works and assume things incorrectly all the time. It happens too often. It takes about a 10% change for you to notice so, depends on what ya got going on in your midrange and how extreme the stacks are, they can vary 20hp, literally, depending on application.

For most of the people at the track, they're unnecessary, on the street, 90% of things people buy are unnecessary. So, meh. Many of em will put on vstacks then never get it tuned and go oh this are awesome, or oh this are shit, but without ever tuning for the changes made.

Its frustrating. However i'm in the same boat really, i used my stock vstacks
:+1:

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have experience with stacks.

1- They are diferent for every bike.... and there is no real rule unless you get very technical.
2- some are piece of sh....
3- some are work of art.. cougar red doble ventury for gsxr k5-8... I had them to keep power until the red line 13800 (not a stock bike)

that is wy Im asking.... have seen some stacks made some nice things.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts