Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy just bought a 2008 ZX-10R a week ago. Brand new from the dealer 0 miles on it. Last night he was moving and the clutch slipped out of his hand and it lurched forward and fell over. Now when he starts it he says he doesn't hear the fuel pump and the oil lights stays on.

I searched through threads and found info on the vehicle-down sensor and people not being able to start the bike due to that. In this situation he was able to start the bike and it ran (maybe just on the fuel left in the lines, dunno) but the oil light was while running.

According to the service manual:
This sensor has a weight [A] with two magnets inside,
and sends a signal to the ECU. But when the motorcycle
banks 60 ∼ 70° or more to either side (in fact falls down),
the weight turns and the signal changes. The ECU senses
this change, and stops the fuel pump relay, the fuel injectors
(primary and secondary) and the ignition system.
Hall IC
When the motorcycle is down, the ignition switch is left
ON. If the starter button is pushed, the electric starter turns
but the engine does not start. To start the engine again,
raise the motorcycle, turn the ignition switch OFF, and then
ON.

Since the bike did start and run this tells me he reset the sensor and now there is another issue at hand. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
There is air in the oil flter most probably. Unbolt it abit to see oil wipping out and retighten it.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Same thing happened when I was at Laguna. I was way ahead pack (Rossi, Pedrosa, and others) when I went down at the hair pin and slid into the gravel :badteeth: Got back up and the damn bike wouldn't start! I saw the pack approaching so I threw some gravel in the corner. Next thing, a massive pile up. Spies runs over and starts throwing punches. I had my helmet on, got it started and then burned some rubber, wheelied the entire back straight, and won the race. :dontknow:

Sorry, got carried away!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same thing happened when I was at Laguna. I was way ahead pack (Rossi, Pedrosa, and others) when I went down at the hair pin and slid into the gravel :badteeth: Got back up and the damn bike wouldn't start! I saw the pack approaching so I threw some gravel in the corner. Next thing, a massive pile up. Spies runs over and starts throwing punches. I had my helmet on, got it started and then burned some rubber, wheelied the entire back straight, and won the race. :dontknow:

Sorry, got carried away!
HAHAHAHA!!!

Friday I think it was he messaged me and said that it seems to be all normal again. Probably just air bound like tasos said, but it cleared itself out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts