Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

does anyone know who makes variable offset triple clamps for the 06 Zx10?

Attack Kawasaki do one but I'd just like to see if there are any other options out there?

Cheers

Richard

·
Registered
334 Posts
i have some attack adjustable triples on my 06 and i trackride only. can i ask you why your considering buying adjustable triples.thanks

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
i have some attack adjustable triples on my 06 and i trackride only. can i ask you why your considering buying adjustable triples.thanks
There is a write up on the Attack website that explains why adjustable triples. Its a long story but good info.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
My bike is also track only, I was wondering did you reap any benefits from this particular mod and also is it worth to persue this route for handling nirvarnia? Thanks,:thumbsup:

·
Registered
334 Posts
My bike is also track only, I was wondering did you reap any benefits from this particular mod and also is it worth to persue this route for handling nirvarnia? Thanks,:thumbsup:
i raced an 04 r1 before having my 06 zx10 and the r1 was realy good entering a turn but past the apex and on the gas the bike did not want to finish the corner, was pushing wide big time and when i got the zx10 it did that a little bit also and i bought the triples to get 2mm less offset because that's the max adjustability with the attacks the other 3 choices of offset are bigger off sets, stock if i remember right is 28mm and the 4 inserts offered are 26-28-30-32mm, they are mostly the wrong way. but that 2mm less makes it a little harder to tilt in the corner but will keep a tighter line in the corner as well as staying more inside when exiting the corner on the gas. but i actualy saw a few front running racers on the 06-07 zx10 going back to the 28mm offset,the attacks bottom triple is also much stiffer than stock. there is more to this than only offset but it made a difference for me.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
When you say triple clamp offset. Which way is it offset? Does it move the forks forward or backward? And do they effect the trail and rake?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry for the late reply, i've been out in the bush (you guys probably call it the boondocks) hunting. just got back this evening.

this is the reason i need the adjustable triple clamps

http://www.19.solobike.net.nz

cheers

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry but our rules say that wheels must be the same as stock.

even the exhausts must conform to the same shape as the original etc.

we've done a fair bit already and the triple clamps are the way we want to go with handling.

but thanks for your suggestion!

·
Registered
334 Posts
sorry but our rules say that wheels must be the same as stock.

even the exhausts must conform to the same shape as the original etc.

we've done a fair bit already and the triple clamps are the way we want to go with handling.

but thanks for your suggestion!
and what way is that.? maybe it can help my setup also.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
what is your base setup, ride heights front and rear and other numbers.thanks

hi livharder,

i'm only the poor bastard paying all the bills! my buddy derek is the rider and according to him, the hot setup is to pull your rear wheel as far back as possible (lengthen the wheelbase) and to steepen the steering head angle. that's what the kawasaki racing team in canada has done and they won their national championship two years in a row for both the supersport and superbike class.

the result is that we get better drive and the steeper steering head angle allows the bike to turn in better. at the moment, she tries to run wide when you try to drive out of the corner.

because derek used to work for the official kawasaki team here in new zealand and he still has very good contacts with the guys in head office, we get to talk to the other official teams,especially the one in oz and in this case canada.

we already have the complete ohlins internals (have to retain the original outers) and we are getting a ttx36 in place of the standard street ohlins we have at the moment. i'll ask derek for his settings but he's a pretty small guy and his numbers might not suit yours.

he's not too far off the pace againsst our top guys and we haven't done any engine work in comparison to the factory suzuki and yamaha. hopefully this gets done before our nationals starting in jan.

cheers

richard

·
Registered
334 Posts
hi livharder,

i'm only the poor bastard paying all the bills! my buddy derek is the rider and according to him, the hot setup is to pull your rear wheel as far back as possible (lengthen the wheelbase) and to steepen the steering head angle. that's what the kawasaki racing team in canada has done and they won their national championship two years in a row for both the supersport and superbike class.

the result is that we get better drive and the steeper steering head angle allows the bike to turn in better. at the moment, she tries to run wide when you try to drive out of the corner.

because derek used to work for the official kawasaki team here in new zealand and he still has very good contacts with the guys in head office, we get to talk to the other official teams,especially the one in oz and in this case canada.

we already have the complete ohlins internals (have to retain the original outers) and we are getting a ttx36 in place of the standard street ohlins we have at the moment. i'll ask derek for his settings but he's a pretty small guy and his numbers might not suit yours.

he's not too far off the pace againsst our top guys and we haven't done any engine work in comparison to the factory suzuki and yamaha. hopefully this gets done before our nationals starting in jan.

cheers

richard
actualy my next step was to put my rear wheel as far back as possible there is not enought front end feeling and weight and the bike actualy is 1 inch shorter stock than the other 1000's, for the triples, the attack triples only adjust offset and not angle. and i know well the canadian superbike championship cause it's my local series and i raced 1.1/2 years in the canadian pro superbike series. one thing that realy surprized me of jordan szoke's zx10 is how hight it is, it's very front end hight and that's kind of odd for me but i guess it works out well cause he is flying on his 10. thanks for your input and keep em comming.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
actualy my next step was to put my rear wheel as far back as possible there is not enought front end feeling and weight and the bike actualy is 1 inch shorter stock than the other 1000's, for the triples, the attack triples only adjust offset and not angle. and i know well the canadian superbike championship cause it's my local series and i raced 1.1/2 years in the canadian pro superbike series. one thing that realy surprized me of jordan szoke's zx10 is how hight it is, it's very front end hight and that's kind of odd for me but i guess it works out well cause he is flying on his 10. thanks for your input and keep em comming.
hey, thanks for your input. very interested to hear about the attack triple clamp. i thought it had ecccentric adjusters to vary the steering head angle. have to check again.

btw, it was really interesting when the factory yamaha came out to play with a wunderkid (sam Smith) on it, it was honking. my buddy said the swingarm was loong! it had no problems with drive. the new suzuki on the other hand had traction problems all weekend, you could hear it trying to hook up.

that new kid on the kawasaki team is good isn't he. i've been following the canadian series the last couple of years and even managed to download a couple of last year's races.

cheers

·
Registered
334 Posts
hey, thanks for your input. very interested to hear about the attack triple clamp. i thought it had ecccentric adjusters to vary the offset. have to chaxck again.

btw, it was really interesting when the factory yamaha came out to play with a wunderkid (sam Smith) on it, it was honking. my buddy said the swingarm was loong! it had no problems with drive. the new suzuki on the other hand had traction problems all weekend, you could hear it trying to hook up.

that new kid on the kawasaki team is good isn't he. i've been following the canadian series the last couple of years and even managed to download a couple of last year's races.

cheers
attacks DO vary offset but not angle. the offset is the distance between the center of the stearing stem to the center of the fork tubes. i ride with 2mm less offset (the forks closser to the stem) it makes the bike finish the corners better. i do all this for fun cause i'm quite slower than before but still riding at good pace.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts