Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still trying to find a REAL confirmation what the Outside diameter of the Valve shims is for the 1st Gen. I think Garth said it was 7.48mm for 1st gen but can't find or confirm that information.

As far as Internet searches some ebay sales sell advertising 9.48mm but then other members posts 7.48mm :BangHead:.....to make it worse the Kawi site doesn't advertise the OD spec. :headshake

I have a full HotCams kit(ALL SHIM SIZES .05mm INCREMENTS) @ 9,.48 OD and would like to buy the 7.48mm IF I NEED THAT INSTEAD BEFORE I PULL THE CAMS :idea:

JUST HAVE NOT FOUND ANYONE WITH LINKS OR FACTS WHAT THE ACTUAL SIZE IS INCLUDING GARTH :heyyou::lol:

So if someone with the right tools that has a Shim laying around for a 1st Gen can you please take a MIC reading and let me know what size you have.......thanks in advance.

bloo

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,128 Posts
measurement

yes bloo its 7.48mm. here is a pic i just took. it measures 7.45 but close enough. caliper could be off a hair. :thumbsup:
Still trying to find a REAL confirmation what the Outside diameter of the Valve shims is for the 1st Gen. I think Garth said it was 7.48mm for 1st gen but can't find or confirm that information.

As far as Internet searches some ebay sales sell advertising 9.48mm but then other members posts 7.48mm :BangHead:.....to make it worse the Kawi site doesn't advertise the OD spec. :headshake

I have a full HotCams kit(ALL SHIM SIZES .05mm INCREMENTS) @ 9,.48 OD and would like to buy the 7.48mm IF I NEED THAT INSTEAD BEFORE I PULL THE CAMS :idea:

JUST HAVE NOT FOUND ANYONE WITH LINKS OR FACTS WHAT THE ACTUAL SIZE IS INCLUDING GARTH :heyyou::lol:

So if someone with the right tools that has a Shim laying around for a 1st Gen can you please take a MIC reading and let me know what size you have.......thanks in advance.

bloo

Attachments

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes bloo its 7.48mm. here is a pic i just took. it measures 7.45 but close enough. caliper could be off a hair. :thumbsup:
fact. 1st-3rd gen all 7.48 only.
Thanks for the Info. :thumbsup:....Rep Sent to both of you. :thumbsup:

Now I need to replace my Old Carb Sync tool :BangHead: the one I have now is old Mercury Type and it seems many don't sell those any more because of problems shipping Mercury. :badteeth:

Thanks again.

bloo

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Blue I just bought a new motion pro carb tuner, I will be using it next week to sync my tbs.

After I get done with it I can ship it to you and let you use it if you want.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blue I just bought a new motion pro carb tuner, I will be using it next week to sync my tbs.

After I get done with it I can ship it to you and let you use it if you want.
Thanks for the offer Bud but I bought a Motion Pro Carb turner as well for the last time I syncd the Throttle bodies and at least for Me they are Junk....Not for function but they break easy.

The Motion Pro adjustment screws easily stripped and got stuck/stripped and broke plastic.....spent $100 on that unit and the only thing that saved me that day was my very old very old bought maybe 15yrs+ ago Mercury Unit ......the Motion Pro is now Trash/Junk with radiator fluid type stuff still in the Reservoir and still don't know why I haven't thrown it in the trash yet because it's hanging in my garage wall. :badteeth: Maybe because I thought I may need it for parts one day because it seems that's the only Unit Local Dealers sell and NO other Choices. :dontknow:

So, it looks like this time my old unit will have to do(not sure I have enough Mercury) unless someone else has a good link too something better than Motion Pro. :idea::mrgreen:

Bloo

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
I have that exact digital caliper.
When I did my valve job, I measured the diameter of mine and came up with that same. number of 7.45

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do TB need to be synced after they are reinstalled, Is it a must or will i even notice?
Anytime I mess with the Throttle bodies I sync them to be safe nothing got disturbed.....so yes a must also because your are changing valve clearances.

bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here's your link, then: Morgan Carbtune

The current version is the Carbtune Pro - it goes for about $100USD.

I have the previous version, the Carbtune II. Works great, and isn't a cheap POS. And no mercury.
To add I ending up buying this(posted in another Thread) what member Canyoncarver posted many times over the years....others will work but like the ease of NO Mercury/Worries/Liquid and nice easy storage not to mention will probably be the last Carb sync tool I ever buy in my lifetime. :wink:

bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So how was the order from the Uk how much was it after shipping?
How long did it take to arrive?
If I remember right found a distributor in the US didn't take long maybe a week max you will have to do a search....sorry

bloo

1 - 20 of 29 Posts