Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting the head done on my 06 right now. Going with new valves Carpenter Springs and titanium Retainers. I also am putting the 08 race intake cam in and still running my stock exhaust cam and a thin head gasket, Anyone know what my valve lash specs should be with that set up and also about where I should have the cams degreed at.I heard 107 intake and 104 ex. Thanks for the help

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,130 Posts
on the valve clearance i would just go with the manual specs of: IN: .15-.22mm and EX: .17-.22mm. as far as the cams go it depends on what you are doing. roadracing or drag? for drag you might want to go a little higher.
Im getting the head done on my 06 right now. Going with new valves Carpenter Springs and titanium Retainers. I also am putting the 08 race intake cam in and still running my stock exhaust cam and a thin head gasket, Anyone know what my valve lash specs should be with that set up and also about where I should have the cams degreed at.I heard 107 intake and 104 ex. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
96 Posts
i was told 110/102 but someone one else said 110/108 and thats with using a stock intake cam on the exhaust side..maybe someone else knows for sure.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
a 108/104 set up would be pretty good, you dont wanna move all the power to the top end or your gunna loose your low end grunt

·
Registered
96 Posts
a 108/104 set up would be pretty good, you dont wanna move all the power to the top end or your gunna loose your low end grunt
since he is pretty much setting it up to drag race and assuming he is going to need to leave pretty high in the revs wouldnt he need to move the power to the top? i know i leave between 8-8500 on mine..

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yeah, thats why I was askin him what kinda racing or riding he does, if he degrees them up to high he might not have any low end drive and wind up loosing that off the line power to get threw our tall 1st gear, might hurt him possibly but dont know

·
Registered
5 Posts
wtf

man have you heard of a degree wheel....first does the cams have adjustable cam gears...and if you r gonna degree the cams in i would set my valve lash on the tight side not loose....the idea is to open them as early and keep them open as long as you can...so i dont understand why people would be telling you to set it up like a big cam motor...its just degreed in thats it....:+2:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya Im doing strictly dragracing, Im 180pds and have the bike geared -1 +2. I also run spray and Im prolly going to raise the jet from a 40 to a 50 or maybe a 60.It has a progressor so getting off the line Prolly wont be a problem for the bike. I was cuttin 1.46 60fts with the stock motor and a 40 shot on progressor.

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,130 Posts
:+1: :+2:
Kit race manual states with stock or race cams for valve clearance

Intake - .15 - .22
Exhaust - .17 - .22
id stick somewhere in the middle of the valve clearances. like .18 in and .20 ex unless you plan on checking them again in a few thousand miles.
Ya Im doing strictly dragracing, Im 180pds and have the bike geared -1 +2. I also run spray and Im prolly going to raise the jet from a 40 to a 50 or maybe a 60.It has a progressor so getting off the line Prolly wont be a problem for the bike. I was cuttin 1.46 60fts with the stock motor and a 40 shot on progressor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts