Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I've heard that you can shim the bolts on that side of the valve cover to solve the problem.

·
Registered
469 Posts
got to looking around on the bike to see if i could find the problem sure the valve cover is sweating a little bit but im pretty sure i found the cause of the oil leak i was seeing. i recently just bought the bike from a dealer i put about i would say 200 miles maybe on it parked it and saw it leaking so i took all the body work off and was looking around under the header all over. came to looking at the oil filter yup there it was the dealer forgo to tighten the oil filter and they even over filled the oil by about 3/4 of a liter pretty sure im only buying from private sellers from now on
its not over full untill its foaming just fyi, i allways ran oil to the top of the sight glass on my zx10

·
Registered
55 Posts
i drained about 3/4 of a liter before the eye whole showed half full not to mention how ever much actually leaked out when i actually was riding the bike. So im thinking it was def over filled........ and Omofo im gonna have to try that its not a bad leak at all just seeping but i might have to try that thanks....

·
Registered
405 Posts
Permatex pliable, non-hardening gasket sealer. Spread a very light coat on the valve cover's gasket seat. Mine only leaked from between the cover and the gasket, not from between the gasket and the head.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Mine is sweating and I’m going to replace the valve cover gasket.

Do I need to order the four plug hole rubber gaskets too?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I find with those that unless a previous wally has not re enstalled them correctly they never pop, leak or weap.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts