Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone be able to advice me if I should get my valve clearance checked. My bike is approaching 40000kms. The service manual recommends to get the valves checked every 24K, so the next check should be at 48k kms. I was just wondering, since I use my bike on the track as well, should I get it done earlier?:dontknow:

Also, I change my engine oil (fully synthetic) every 2000kms and oil filter every 6000kms. Are these intervals ok, or should I change it more frequently.:dontknow:

Bike - 2004 Zx10 (road and track use)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Would anyone be able to advice me if I should get my valve clearance checked. My bike is approaching 40000kms. The service manual recommends to get the valves checked every 24K, so the next check should be at 48k kms. I was just wondering, since I use my bike on the track as well, should I get it done earlier?:dontknow:

Also, I change my engine oil (fully synthetic) every 2000kms and oil filter every 6000kms. Are these intervals ok, or should I change it more frequently.:dontknow:

Bike - 2004 Zx10 (road and track use)
you can check the clearance yourself, and then let someone else adjust it if you do not feel comfortable.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the bike isn't making any of the "ticking" noises then i'd leave well enough alone and i change my filter every other oil change if that helps at all? here's a great write up on the valves for the 1st gen too....

http://drainfade.com/tech_writeups/zx10r_valves.html
Thanks for the link. Although I guess it will be sometime before I sum up the courage to work on the valves myself.

·
Registered
700 Posts
If the bike isn't making any of the "ticking" noises then i'd leave well enough alone and i change my filter every other oil change if that helps at all? here's a great write up on the valves for the 1st gen too....

http://drainfade.com/tech_writeups/zx10r_valves.html
These bikes almost always get tighter. So as they wear you want hear ticking as the valve clearance closes up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts