Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put my bike in the shop to have a few things checked. One of them being checking the valve to make sure they haven't come out of adjustment in the +9K miles of road and track Ive put on her.

Talked to the shop today...theyre spot on. Dont know if this is wise to assume that all 10s with 9K are still good. But I know that Ive punished my bike some and I was happy to hear that theyre still good.

Just thought I'd pass the info on!

:zx_blk:

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I will be checking mine this winter as well....From the looks of it, it is going to be a pain in the arse.....

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
well, Ivan did mine at 13k on my bike and i haven't babied her for the most part, he said they were spot on and wrote down each valve's clearance, didn't have to touch them. that was the first time mine were ever checked.

·
Registered
583 Posts
RickRoush03 said:
well, Ivan did mine at 13k on my bike and i haven't babied her for the most part, he said they were spot on and wrote down each valve's clearance, didn't have to touch them. that was the first time mine were ever checked.
:badteeth: Hey swjohnsey I bet thats why kaw eng's used tem good plugs
in dem'der 10's :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :heyyou: j/k :lol: will be checking mine soon, will post my "lash".....

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
swjohnsey said:
I adjusted mine at 3,000 miles, one out of spec, four I changed shims to get all clearances the same.
I don't know...I would have to see your valve cover off to believe that :crackup:

No, but really, the Kawi engines like my old ZX9 + the 10 from what I have experianced from other riders I knew and read in past threads like Hill's right now seems to be the norm. :wink:

PS, getting all the "clearances the same" is not the same as "out of spec" as you should know :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Yeah, I guess that is why I said one was outa speck an four were changed to get all clearances the same. When you works on yer own bike you can afford to be picky. That why a bike maintained by the owner will always be a little faster than the one maintained by the stealership mechanic workin' on flat rate.

The plugs are workin' so well I doubt I will put the iridiums in in another 3,000 miles although I have both the CR9EK and the iridiums setting here and both cost within pennies of each other.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
since we're bashin other mechanics in my thread...

Id like to comment that the mechanic at my "stealership" has my total confidence and actually he still races regularly. Well hes still a race mechanic.

And he's really cool too. He'd tell me if they were off or not. FYI

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dreadnought-arr said:
I "soo"sorry Hill, fer jack'n up yu'ns good thread. I would really like to hear what others have found too! :gve:
No worries mate...

I always enjoy your posts! Between the "hardy har har's" and the quotes and smiles...

Post away! :badteeth:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
hillcountry10r said:

Id like to comment that the mechanic at my "stealership" has my total confidence and actually he still races regularly. Well hes still a race mechanic.

No, Hill..just get an itch to respond when swjohnsey acts like he is the only one on this site that works on his bike...quote from the spark plug post http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13644&page=6&pp=10 about members here:

Grampa taught me to piss down wind. I have to tell ya that the folks over on the EX250 forum seem to have more motorcycle expertise. Hell, they even work on their own bikes.
At least I can admit like a man that you did right on making the clearances the same :notworthy: but get a grip...your not the only one that works on your 10 if you actually own one or maybe the 10 just doesn't need that much working like your older bikes:heyyou:

Sorry for the thread jack Hill...he just makes it so easy :helmet:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
i like pissin in the wind so my feet get wet. :badteeth:

BD

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
I have to admit that the ZX-10R don't need a lot of work. But you have to admit that it doesn't seem that ZX-10R riders do a lot of their own maintenance. Hang out on somethin' like a KLR650 board for awhile.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
swjohnsey said:
I have to admit that the ZX-10R don't need a lot of work. But you have to admit that it doesn't seem that ZX-10R riders do a lot of their own maintenance. Hang out on somethin' like a KLR650 board for awhile.
Well what 'seems' so from your chair is pure speculation and until you visit every garage of every owner thats all it'll be.

BD

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
hillcountry10r said:

+1 same here with my mechanic. He races CCS and used to race WERA and I trust him based on discussions with him.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
swjohnsey said:
I do pretty much all of my maintenance and hopefully in time will do all of it. Only going on my third year with bikes so keep your panties on man:mrgreen: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
the only thing i haven't done to my bike was the 600mile service, just b/c, not like they did anything i couldn't do, my clutch since that was under warranty, and the 13k service which Ivan did the valves, plugs, throttle body sync, pc3 install, ivans tre etc. I figured thats above me and since Ivan knows this bike upside down, it was worth the $$ to have it done right the first time. I dont get those that send it in for oil changes??? Thats about as easy as adjusting the chain or cleaning it.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts