Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just hit 15K so a major service is in order. I'm gonna do my valves in the next 2 weeks...just waiting on new plugs. I searched and didn't find a HOWTO on doing the valves in Perf and Tech...so I'll do one with pictures. My fingers are crossed that I won't have to pull cams but then again if I do it'll be better for the masses I guess. More to come when I get my new plugs.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
506 Posts
Very nice man. Thanks for taking the time to do this... REP SENT!!!

Was wondering where you got the service manual and if you can get me one for a '06 650 R (commuter bike). If you could send me a PM i would appreciate it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Rep sent thanks a billion

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Very good sir! Repped ya for this one even though I have a 1st Gen this will come in handy!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Sorry this got missed in the "How To"s(but it's there now :mrgreen:), it seems many of us are in need of this great Info. I am planning myself to do this job soon as I am sure many are falling into this category of high mileage. Does anyone know if they make a Shim Kit for our Kawi? I would really like to have the Shims available(Kawi compatible) if needed so my Bike has NO downtime and I don't really care if they don't need adjustment as I am sure they will at some point and will come into use.

Thanks,

bloo

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
great write up, your pics looked more like a surgeons room than a mechanics, very clean job

·
Registered
102 Posts
Outstanding post, thanks. When I do this it is going to be hard not to change out the cams if I am already that far into the engine. Anything to be a bit faster than the guy next to me :)

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
rep sent!

I'm at 25,000 miles and need to do this soon (should've done it already)

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
That was a great post. I had to save it.
Thank you very much.
Great pic by pic explanations.
:+1:

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I'm gonna have to subscribe as well so not to forget. I don't really trust the local dealership but I'll talk to the mechanic to see if he's comfortable before I do myself. Only 7900 miles so I think I've got awhile. Great contribution Drain Fade.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Nice job! About to do mine (few more thousand miles) where did you get your shims? Bike bandit usually has the best OEM prices...:badteeth:

1 - 20 of 84 Posts