Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had the valves in my 05 10R adjusted and the throttle bodies balanced....and the bike is a lot louder now. Has anyone had any experience with this? Took it for a ride, and the noise is a lot more than before. I can hear the airbox drawing air, I checked and it is all buttoned up with the boots seated correctly.... and there seems to be a vibration around 5000 rpm that was not there before.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I was thinking of stripping it all down to make sure the coils are all where they need to be and to double check all the sensors and wires

thanks

·
Registered
724 Posts
I just had the valves in my 05 10R adjusted and the throttle bodies balanced....and the bike is a lot louder now. Has anyone had any experience with this? Took it for a ride, and the noise is a lot more than before. I can hear the airbox drawing air, I checked and it is all buttoned up with the boots seated correctly.... and there seems to be a vibration around 5000 rpm that was not there before.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I was thinking of stripping it all down to make sure the coils are all where they need to be and to double check all the sensors and wires

thanks
Does it idle smoothly ? Sounds like they didn't balance your T-Bodies...or screwed something else up. I have NEVER found a good stealership...so I do 99.9% of the work on my bike for a reason. You may have to tear it all down and do it yourself. Hopefully if they had to replace shims they did that part right.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Currently I have no idea what they did. I stripped it down last night, and foun a plug taped up from the underside of the throttle bodies. I am making an appointment the dealer to get it checked out, down to the shims.
The reason I did not want to do the shims myself is that I did not have the tools and did not want to learn this quite yet. In the future I will be doing all of this myself.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Ha, if you're 05 is anywhere near as noisy as my 04, it's not the bike that's louder, the valve train just got that much quieter!

:badteeth:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just got it back..... 300.00 later... throttle bodies badly synched, way off, and the valve body air intake was not attached. bike is a lot quieter and a lesson learned. At least I found a great shop in NH. Souhegan Valley Motorsports.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts