Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I need some help. I just finished doing a valve job on my ride and now I'm about to check and adjust/sync the vacuum on my TB's. I fully understand the process in doing this from what I've read in the service manual however I need to know some minor details.

Attached is a picture of the vacuum gauge I have. Is it possible to do a vacuum check on each TB individually and then sync and recheck or do all TB's have to be checked for vacuum at the same time and adjusted at the same time? You'll notice my guage will only allow me to test one at a time. Maybe this is a silly question, but I'm just trying to figure out if I have to spend more money on something like a motion pro or similar gauge.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well, you can use a single, it just takes longer. And you have to have an accurate gauge. First, identify the master TB. Take a reading from that one, and then set each of the others to it's reading. That should get you pretty close. Have fun.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I wouldnt advise it, when messing with say cyl 1 n 2 since they are connected together on the same spring/arm setup it will move the vacume level on both cyls at the same time.

I'd invest in getting one of those motion pro carb sync'ers

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
sync

1 & 2 are a fixed set, as are 3 & 4. the adjustment to balance the throttle blades is the screw between 2 & 3, this aligns both sets, or all 4 to each other. if they are close, or to fine sync. them, use the air screws on each tb. changing one will affect the others slightly. u can do it with a single guage, but it can be a pita dealing with the screws angle and location and reconnecting the guage as many times as needed. as for me, id use what i have before i bought another set. a little patience and youll be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts