Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
any ideas on what is good to see, eat, be entertained by whilst visiting san francisco?
will be there for four days, am hoping to make use of my time there.
will be staying in financial district

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Rent a Bike and go to http://alicesrestaurant.com/ . Trust me its some of the best riding in CA. Also Sausalito just on the north side of the Golden Gate is super chill. Pier 39 is cool if you want to do the tourist thing, Lots of street performers to check out and Boudin bread factory is a good place to check out. The ferry to alcatraz is cool. I lived in the Bay Area before i moved out to the east coast. But trust me check out renting a bike and hit the Santa cruz mountains and check out alices.:thumbsup:

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
def go to little Italy and eat at the stinking rose. another good restaurant is the cliff house. Fisherman's wharf is cool, whenever im up that way i normally hoof it everywhere but you can get around in a car too, but you need to leave the city for a gas station. Its a really cool city, your gonna like it

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
1. Fisherman's Wharf

2. China Town

3. Don't rent a car. It can cost around $40 - $50 a day to park it, and that's at a hotel
There is very good public transportation to get to and from an airport. Plus, you can walk just about everywhere in the city.

4. Alcatraz

5. Golden Gate Bridge

6. You can rent a car or motorcycle and go up north, along the PCH. Skaggs isn't too far from there. If you like wine (like my wife does) you're about an hour away from wine country. If you don't like wine, it's still pretty country up there.

7. Take a jacket. I froze my butt off in August one year. The wind is cold by the water.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Eat at the House of Prime Rib. It will be by far the best slice of prime rib you will ever have. It's served english style with creamed spinich, corn, a salad and a popover. There is another place called Broadway Prime in Burlingame that is the same but smaller. Also, the Atlas Cafe. It's a great little samdwich shop in South San Fran. And keep in mind if you are coming to the city later this month Moto GP will be at Seca. And and if your in the Santa Cruz area hit me up and we can go ride Skyline.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Eat at the House of Prime Rib. It will be by far the best slice of prime rib you will ever have. It's served english style with creamed spinich, corn, a salad and a popover. There is another place called Broadway Prime in Burlingame that is the same but smaller. Also, the Atlas Cafe. It's a great little samdwich shop in South San Fran. And keep in mind if you are coming to the city later this month Moto GP will be at Seca. And and if your in the Santa Cruz area hit me up and we can go ride Skyline.
damn that sounds yummy

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
:+1: on alcatraz and fish wharf. I work on the water on take dump trips to alcatraz everyday and i love rollin by evertime. Its almost always cold/foggy in the city so jecket/sweater is a must. And def make a triup down alices, GEAT riding down there skyline/hwy 1. Good luck man!!!!!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
def go to little Italy and eat at the stinking rose. another good restaurant is the cliff house. Fisherman's wharf is cool, whenever im up that way i normally hoof it everywhere but you can get around in a car too, but you need to leave the city for a gas station. Its a really cool city, your gonna like it
did that, was great, thanks for the advice!
didnt need a car, used their buses and trains, which were very easy to use.
1. Fisherman's Wharf

7. Take a jacket. I froze my butt off in August one year. The wind is cold by the water.
wharf was nice!
took your advice on the jacket, saved my life!
if you do end up going to fishermans wharf take the cablecar to get there.
done!
If you go to fisherman's wharf you have to find the Bush Man and watch him scare people
Its really funny.
couldn't find him, or he couldnt find us!
Watch out for your corn-hole.
took special note of this! very surprising to see such a large number of them.

on another note, the city was different. very easy to navigate.
couldnt believe the number of homeless! and the amount of tourists asking me questions on where to go:crackup:

those hills are amazing. i wouldnt be surprised to see burnt out clutches from attempts to get up those hills, especially at the stop signs.
and the tire sidewalls were ruined as people rolled their cars into the curb, so they wouldnt roll away!
that 9.5% tax is rather hard on your wallet though, could do without that, and the unpredictable weather

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
cool man, im happy you had such a good time and things worked out for you!!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
one thing i noticed, there were a huge amount of motorcycles, both parked overnight (not even an option here in nyc!) and on the street, during the day.
i noticed there was either a lack of corners (enough to get use out of the tires), or a lack of skill.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts