Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since im going on vacation next week, i have the idea to become a member in the iron butt association. from the looks of their site, the only one i can do right now is the inital entery ride, which is 1000 miles in 24 hours... so if anyone sees a titanium blur down the east coast.... that wasnt me :rolleyes:

im not sure how comfortable its going to be on the 10, but it should be quick... :mrgreen:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Titanium said:
since im going on vacation next week, i have the idea to become a member in the iron butt association. from the looks of their site, the only one i can do right now is the inital entery ride, which is 1000 miles in 24 hours... so if anyone sees a titanium blur down the east coast.... that wasnt me :rolleyes:

im not sure how comfortable its going to be on the 10, but it should be quick... :mrgreen:
I thought you said "Vacation":dontknow: ...1000 miles in 24hrs...not going to happen:headshake:

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Sounds sweet, ride safe and enjoy. I road from Sw. Mi to Road America it wasn't to bad, but 1000 in 24 hours...:eyecrazy:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Titanium said:

If you can do it. We salute you:wav:

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I have driven 1500 miles in 19 hrs in my car.

Last summer I drove from Vacaville Ca to Atlanta Ga in 45 hours.

I feel I can do it on my bike.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Yeah, it WON'T be comfortable and but you may get from point A to point B quickly...of course point A refers to one gas station and point B refers to another gas station 30 miles away :lol:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
zx10x2 said:
I have driven 1500 miles in 19 hrs in my car.

Long distance car riding and sportbike rideing is 2 different things. When I was in Tech School in the Air Force as a 20yr old I got a new roommate in my dorm Room. He kept whining one Saturday afternoon in the dorm room about how he missed his bike blaa blaa blaa…in Tampa Bay, FL ( I had my 700 Interceptor there already- Biloxi Mississippi). It was a boring Saturday so I said and now regret it “Lets go get your bike”….huh..he says.:dontknow:

I talked him into it that we might make it by Sunday before Tech School check in limit before you can get your arse an Article 15 for not being in the dorms by 6:30pm..so let's go find a helmet for you and get your bike. :eek:

Of course I had to ride him on the back of my Interceptor the first 600 miles to his house. The guy even had the nerve after I let him ride for awhile to almost fall asleep and call quits. I got mad at the half way mark and said get your arse back on the bike(It’s dark now) and said we are going all the way like it or not. I popped NO-DOZ over the counter drugs from the gas station stop to make sure I didn’t fall asleep and they worked good. :cool:

When we got to the roommates house in Tampa, I slept for 1hr while he said hi to his family and got his cruiser bike ready…something like a 500cc Honda.

I knew at that point we wouldn’t make the 6:30pm check in limit……unless we did over 100mph all the way back on the long straits and cut the fuel stops to fuel and go..no bullshitting. For the most part we did 100mph…I was always in the front to looked out for the troopers…we saw many of them…hit the brake lights down to speed…then back up to speed after they passed. It worked…we made it back to base at 6:15pm with 15min to spare.

If you look at the distance that was about 1200mi in 24hrs or more but f’sho in one days time..first half slow second half really fast.

As much as I loved riding bikes back then…even more than now I could not ride my Interceptor for 2weeks….just brought back bad memories for awhile and I was aching :badteeth:

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Actually its 78.9
When I drove to Atlanta in 2 days. I was popin no doze and drinking redbulls. I got there and could not sleep for 2 days. I was all messed up. I will never do that again.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
zx10x2 said:
Actually its 78.9
When I drove to Atlanta in 2 days. I was popin no doze and drinking redbulls. I got there and could not sleep for 2 days. I was all messed up. I will never do that again.
Then why did you say you can:

.....:dontknow:

Not messing with you guy but those 1000mi bikes in 24hrs is something we owners on a 10 should stay away from..just because it's not the bikes cup of tea. :headshake:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Titanium said:

You can do it, it may be less than fun though.

I did a little ove 500mi mostly in rain or on wet road, for my Orlando and back in a day trip to the museum the other week.
Wasn't bad at all and the weather and traffic kind of SUCKED.

Moving avg just under 75 including some in town riding at slow speeds. Ignore the elevation- barometer, indoors.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Titanium said:
QUOTE]

You coming down to FLA? If so maybe some of Fla riders can meet up.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the more and more i think about it, i dont think i really have the bike for that kinda trip..... but hey it sounded good

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
titanium, did you ever get to do that ride? my friend and i are thinking about doing the saddelsore 1000.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts