Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mounted the Valentine with a Ram mount. Used the clutch/brake mount, 3" arm and a 2 x 3" plate. Wanted it from behind the windscreen. If you wanted it behind the windscreen the mount could be swiveled around. On the plate I glued a piece of the tool box liner you can get from Sears. I think Walmart sells the same stuff around the kitchen items for 1/2 the price. Keeps the detector from sliding around on the base. Black velcro straps from Home Depot hold the detector to the base. I wanted it easily removable for the car. Waiting on a Vizalert to work with the detector so there are no issues trying to hear or keep an eye on it.

The GPS was mounted using a homemade bracket made out of a flat piece of steel from Home Depot. Cut out the bracket and painted it black. The oem Garmin cradle is attached to the bracket. Again, easily removable.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
:+1: i have the ram mount on the clutch side holding up my garmin nuvi.... they are awesome and for 30 bucks ya cant beat that

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
It looks like your blinker might be in the way of the v1... Id stick it behind your windscreen if possible... Gotta love the v1 btw!

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Nice bro I have the garmin and the V-1. I need to get the software upgrade for it though...

Still think behind the windscreen is better. Debri in the road rain etc... That said I could not set what you did.

You know how it goes. The people who can't build or set up crap give the best advice:mrgreen:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The car is a Toyota Supra. Single turbo, 633 rwhp. CCW wheels.

I don't expect any probs with the V1 staying put. Two velcro straps lock it to the plate. I might end up rotating it around behind the windscreen once I get my laser jammer mounted. Right now I'm just trying to get max reception. The V1 has actually saved me twice on laser believe it or not. Just lucky. The turn signal does bug me that's it in front of the V1, but it's the best I could come up with right now not having it behind the windscreen. Considered the remote display but I'm going with the Visalert in the helmet anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
have you actually lazered your moving bike? i was TOLD they were hard to get a reading from because theres no flat spots to reflect off of.

nice GPS setup btw, my buddy has his suction cupped and saftey strung to his tripple but i was looking for a better setup.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I don't think that would be a problem with radar. The reason I say so is the radar energy is coming at it so strong and in such a huge cone it will be scattering all over that bike. Laser, YES because it is such a small pinpoint of light, but I doubt it would make any difference with radar.

I still have my radar gun, did a lot of testing with it, so it is from that testing I offer such an opinion. Here is a picture of my gun being checked with a 35 MPH tuning fork, recognize the basement floor dirt ninja?

I don't think its any problem how vtecintegra has it mounted. I just dont think behind that blinker will make any difference, based on my own research.

Those Valentine 1's I tested with my radar gun and they tested better than 5 others I checked, but even the $35.00 Walmart models work pretty good.

vtecintegra made a good choice with the V1.
Yeah your right magic as i was just trying to persuade the guy to make the install look a little more stealth... I got pulled once by a leo and quickly threw my gloves over my detector so he couldnt see that i had one on my bike. The other benefit would be the protection from the elements as i have been caught in the rain a few times and had no worries about the 400$ detector getting wet from the rain when it was under my windscreen. :eek:ccasion1
BTW I dig the basement floor as i used to have the same color garage floor at my previous house.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Nice car.....those supra's were always my favorite of the "ricers"...I love the way that inline six turbo sounds with a good exhaust.:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts