Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I plan on changing my gearing later this year but was thinking about getting a SpeedoHealer now. Is the stock mph off that much? Would it be worth it to put it on now or should I wait till I change the gearing (-1 front)?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Alright, I plan on changing my gearing later this year but was thinking about getting a SpeedoHealer now. Is the stock mph off that much? Would it be worth it to put it on now or should I wait till I change the gearing (-1 front)?
you have to calibrate the speedo healer, you would have to reset it when you changed gearing even if y ou put it on and set it now

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Yes, it is worth it.
Stock the speedometer is off around 6%. So, yes I think it is worth that. You won't be racking up the milage as fast either.

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Yes, it is worth it.
Stock the speedometer is off around 6%. So, yes I think it is worth that. You won't be racking up the milage as fast either.
:+1: I thought they were off more than that...round 8-10%

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
It seems to NOT be linear for percentage the higher speeds you go but it's just more obvious at those speeds....the Suk guys are famous for this saying they can do 200mph :lol: but in reality the stock speedo really shows an incredible error in the Higher speeds STOCK especially on certain bikes...so yes a SpeedoHealer is a good idea.

:+2:

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,130 Posts
:+1:i agree. about 8-10%. i had a gps hooked up to my 08 10r going to motogp in indy this summer and my speedo said 100mph when the gps was reading between 90-91mph.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I thought I read somewhere the percent error was around 9.6%. I would definiately get the speedohealer....then you can set the change to 99.9% and ride around without adding miles to your bike or do vice versa for you tube videos and/or pics :lol:

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
I thought I read somewhere the percent error was around 9.6%. I would definiately get the speedohealer....then you can set the change to 99.9% and ride around without adding miles to your bike or do vice versa for you tube videos and/or pics :lol:
Hahaha!
I wonder what the speedo will show at 99.9 %

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the help. I will be ordering the SpeedoHealer this week. I alreay got an awesome qoute from SuperbikeSupply, as usual. FYI, the SpeedoHealer online calculator shows a -5.2 calibration value when I select the "Estimated" method. I dont have a GPS , radar gun, or dyno to measure the speed so I did not select the "Precise" method.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Thanks for the help. I will be ordering the SpeedoHealer this week. I alreay got an awesome qoute from SuperbikeSupply, as usual. FYI, the SpeedoHealer online calculator shows a -5.2 calibration value when I select the "Estimated" method. I dont have a GPS , radar gun, or dyno to measure the speed so I did not select the "Precise" method.
Yeah no problem...It seems many other bikes are way out of wack but truth be told it is about -6% then add the gearing change and you will be good to go.:wink:

·
Registered
7 Posts
my stock gearing was off by 6mph @55, speedo healer is worth it!

·
Registered
71 Posts
[email protected] is the same on my 06. Speedo Healer @0.9 corrected it.
Mind you at Bruntingthorpe last year the racelogic showed 178.7 when the speedo was showing 185 so there is still a discrepancy.

·
Registered
454 Posts
is it just me or does using a speedohealer with out being precise seem pointless? :dontknow:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
is it just me or does using a speedohealer with out being precise seem pointless? :dontknow:
I wouldnt say pointless as you would still be getting a better reading then without it but using a gps would be best. I forgot my wife has a Garmin etrex HCx hand held gps so I am going out this moring to get a precise reading. I will let you all know what the difference is.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Do you have a friend who might happen to have a car? lol Just go riding next to someone you know and tell them to put it on cruise control at 50mph or something and see what ur bike says. I have -1 front and mine's about 20% off! My bike read 60mph when my friends car read 50mph. It wont be exact but close enough

·
Registered
609 Posts
Do you have a friend who might happen to have a car? lol Just go riding next to someone you know and tell them to put it on cruise control at 50mph or something and see what ur bike says. I have -1 front and mine's about 20% off! My bike read 60mph when my friends car read 50mph. It wont be exact but close enough
What makes you think a car's speedo is accurate? It is only another unknown.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I went out today with my hand held gps and at 60 mph, the gps read 55.5 mph. I went to the Heal tech website and on its precise calculator, my bike is -7.5%. Im just waiting for my local shop to get the Speedohealer I ordered in. When I regear my bike down the road, I will go out again with the gps.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Well I went out today with my hand held gps and at 60 mph, the gps read 55.5 mph. I went to the Heal tech website and on its precise calculator, my bike is -7.5%. Im just waiting for my local shop to get the Speedohealer I ordered in. When I regear my bike down the road, I will go out again with the gps.
My point was just that modifying a number you don't know seems silly to me hehe. you could go from being -4% off to being +2% if you do the default reduction they recommend.

I was just trying to say if your going to purchase an item to correct your speedo you should make sure your really correcting it ya know?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My point was just that modifying a number you don't know seems silly to me hehe. you could go from being -4% off to being +2% if you do the default reduction they recommend.

I was just trying to say if your going to purchase an item to correct your speedo you should make sure your really correcting it ya know?
I agree 100% zero. I wanted to thank you for your post. If you didnt, I would just have went with the "Estimated" method. I completely forgot my wife had a gps. The "Estimated" was -5.2 and the "Precise" was -7.5. Thats a difference and the more precise, the better. Thanks again.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts