Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 ZX6R that has a lot of goodies I will be selling here shortly. What parts should I swap out with the 2006 ZX10R I just bought? My 6 has CRG shorty lever and SS brake lines. Can I just use the whole lever, master, lines and calipers on the 10 since the stock brakes suck? Would I be able to just unbolt everything without bleeding the lines? Also will my CRG shorty clutch lever swap out too? Will my shogun sliders on the 6 work on the 10? Anything else I should swap? Mods on the 6 is in my signature.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
.... Would I be able to just unbolt everything without bleeding the lines? .....

Thanks!
Bleeding the brakes is like changing diapers....stinky mess...but you'll get used

to it...

Sometimes I bleed my brakes 2 x per race weekend.

:badteeth:

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I have a 2006 ZX6R that has a lot of goodies I will be selling here shortly. What parts should I swap out with the 2006 ZX10R I just bought? My 6 has CRG shorty lever and SS brake lines. Can I just use the whole lever, master, lines and calipers on the 10 since the stock brakes suck? Would I be able to just unbolt everything without bleeding the lines? Also will my CRG shorty clutch lever swap out too? Will my shogun sliders on the 6 work on the 10? Anything else I should swap? Mods on the 6 is in my signature.

Thanks!
Dunno about the sliders but the whole front brake system is a direct bolt on.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Yes clutch lever should be swappable. The seat cowl is also, you'll just have to paint it or sell your blue one to a member here and buy one that matches your bike.

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
Here's some zx6r-zx10r swappable parts

clutch lever/perch
brake mc/calipers/etc
windscreen
front turn signals
rear tail light
cowl??

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's some zx6r-zx10r swappable parts

clutch lever/perch
brake mc/calipers/etc
windscreen
front turn signals
rear tail light
cowl??
Thanks! I didn't even think about the windscreen. I have a puig dark smoked DB on the 6.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm thinking I need new mounting bracket for the GPR? The stock ohlins don't work as good.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
yeahr if they sell one for it then it would def work be better than stock. i woulndt be too surprised if it is direct bolt on. how much you thinking about selling your 6 for?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haven't really thought about it yet but will post it here when the time comes. Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts