Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to use Threebond Threadlock (Blue) for the first time. Should I use a little, or a lot on each piece? Also, it says to coat both surfaces. Is this necessary or can I just put it on the bolt and then screw it in? Finally...once it's set, how tough will it be for me to remove the bolt? Thanks guys! :beer:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hopefully others with more experience will respond with definitive answers. But, I can tell you I have been putting only enough on the bolts to assure coating all around the amount of threads I expect to be seated in the hole or nut. I haven't had any come loose or back out. With the blue stuff, no issues removing the bolt. Of course, you'll need to clean the threads and blow out the hole before adding blue again for the reinstall. HTH.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i use loctite all the time at work just putting a little on bolt does the trick just make sure u clean the bolt and the hole its going in usually with degreaser and such . u dont want any foreign matter so it bonds good

·
Registered
370 Posts
You really only need a drop into the threads of the bolt. It will spread well once the threads are screwed in. And the blue bonds well, but is fairly easy to break loose (I think its serves as an anti seize agent as well)......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts