Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I am thinking of getting a race spec 4-2-1 for my '09 10r but dont want to do away with the growl of my jardine gp1 slip-on. At first thought this doesnt seem like a problem / rocket science - so long as the slip-on fits over the end of the 4-2-1.

Question is do you think i would be able to get any performance benefit out of it and where could I buy a 4-2-1 without the slip-on, everywhere seems to sell either a slip-on or full system.

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
The weight savings alone is prob worth it, stock header being 12+ lbs. Look into ARROW, i believe they sell the header sep with two optional link/mid pipes. Maybe someone else will chime in. good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the response. am looking into it now but with limited stocks of everything available locally i will have to order it in and am concerned that the mid-pipe size may not match the GP1 i have.

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
I would def. try a site sponsor for the purchase, but first contact arrow and see what they can work out (header/mid with correct inlet for your gp-1) :eek:ccasion1:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just FYI, that thing is not going to growl anymore. An aftermarket race header is going to make it scream.

And I mean scream. I just got a GP1 off mine for that reason, but if you dont mind the volume it is definitely attention getting :D

·
Registered
874 Posts
I did added Arrow headers for my Area P slip-on: http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98237

Arrow makes a really nice product. They are really the only company that you can buy just the headers themselves w/o the full system. Got them from Superbike Supply.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts