Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
I actually think it looks pretty cool. While it sitting on the outside isn't ideal, it's no deal breaker for me. It will be only a matter of time before we'll have miniaturized versions inside the helmet.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
I actually think it looks pretty cool. While it sitting on the outside isn't ideal, it's no deal breaker for me. It will be only a matter of time before we'll have miniaturized versions inside the helmet.
Check this one out:

Honez, you're a cop, you like to "accessorized" and look like Robocop.:crackup:

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Check this one out:

Motorcycle helmet of the future! - BMW booth - CES 2016 - YouTube

Honez, you're a cop, you like to "accessories" and look like Robocop.:crackup:
That is pretty cool. :ayyy:

It is however an integrated helmet, I'd want one that can be swapped between helmets. This is a prototype so I understand the integration there.

For being more like Robocop, some things like that would be good. A HUD styled MDC screen would be awesome for stops. You could see all of the info you needed as you make contact with the potential violator. While I do get a lot of info via radio in my ear seeing it on a HUD in real time can and would certainly help.

I don't see it happening anytime soon though.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys!Badexample there is plenty of intergrated in helmet displays if you do a search!actually I think the Jetsons had 1!there is not 1 in helmet display or visor display available in the world!with the display you have likes is a BMW prototype not available!if you remember the Scully Helmet that was crowd funded went down the shitter!but most in helmet prototypes are only available using their helmet and all around $2000!the Nuviz is a little out of proportion in the pictures but I can assure you they are not much bigger than a helmet mounted video!the Nuviz has a HD video cam and 8 megapixel still shot camera!also available which I will not use is in helmet speaker and mike system to use for music and phone calls all connected via your smartphone with Bluetooth!as I said I turn my phone off as the Nuviz unit has a GPS internally and step by step maps!speed alert when entering different zones!they are a great bit of kit to use and the benefits this product gives you in not having to constantly look down to check your speed is a life saver!I couldn't give a rats ass if it was a set goolies covered in pubic hair hanging off my helmet as long as it had a speedo read out in my peripheral vision I would still mount it

·
Registered
424 Posts
I know this is fairly old but it is new to me. So I have been working on a setup and it does work but it's a pain in the ass to be able to fully develop because I am not a programmer and Epson won't give me the pinout of the device nor the adapter that allows external input via analog or HDMI.. pretty much I am stuck with what my phone can send it and I'm not trying to introduce lag. Check out the Epson moverio glasses. the main issue is fitting them into helmets but it is full color and both eyes have display, very transparent as well. width is where the issue lies. I modified an old rf1100 helmet and got it to fit but ultimately I would like it to be able to work without doing that. At over 600 dollars it's not something I am excited about cutting apart but I'm sure it will come to that. Running a Bluetooth elm32 odb2 adapter and also with sygic navigation running in hud mode it fully overlays roads including turns in the form of arrows on the road, What it's missing as of now is a rearview cam because I can't get the analog input to happen yet. want to add flir which I have and been looking for a low profile solid state lidar unit for obstruction and Hazzard avoidance. I need to find someone that can code for older Android such as 4.1 and eventually a hardware engineer who would be willing to figure out the pin out so I can do analog input for a rearview. I may have found the perfect 4k30 cam with a built in DVR for the extra forward facing camera. the moverio has GPS and wifi and Bluetooth, audio in and out, projects what appears to be an 80 inch screen 6 to 8 foot infront of you and also has a camera built in so can recognize hand gestures mid air as well as voice input. I want to make a gui that will overlay the entire interface so that Android os is no longer visible and can just run in the background and that will integrate features and only display on screen what and when needed instead of full time full screen. Point is that the tech exists and it is being made. think full color fighter pilot helmet but closer to iron Man HUD, anyone on here happen to program and want to work on this let me know. if not no worries. I figure it will save lives and should end up being universal from one helmet to another as well as integrate with Sena or cardio etc bt comm units so eventually can be plug and play style

1 - 7 of 7 Posts