Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 677 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrote this thread along time ago but never got a chance to publish. Since there has been allot of "I'm bored" threads lately I thought I would do my part to keep it interesting, so here is what I wrote months ago:

Obviously a username chosen can be what they say or have some kind of hidden message or they can be just what’s easy to remember as one might do for a windows logon. Others seem like it’s your name or maybe a girlfriend’s name, your bikes name if it has one too you or maybe it’s some username that really means nothing at all.

Since there has been a lot of boredom lately I thought this might get us closer to see more of a personal side and everyone’s personal background and thinking if it applies. I might be wrong so we will see how “usernames” respond.

I am also starting this post because sometimes I wonder if people think I am an atheist or something with the word devil in my username but only I know why I have devil in my name and then started to wonder maybe I am not the only one with a username that has a different meaning behind it for what it appears, so It got me curious on other usernames and their true intent for choosing them.

Here are some examples, I mean what is a:

Big Daddy- is he really a daddy that is big
Captain Jack- are you really a captain in the navy and your name is Jack
Alex31- are you really named Alex and only 31 years old
Vegemite- is this a product that you are selling and does it cure cancer
El Diablo- I know El =”the” in Spanish but what is a Diablo
Vonstallin-are you really German
Austin10rpowers- do you really love the movie that much or is that just your name baby
Thestick -??????
Turtle-are you really that slow even though you own a zx10

I will start first and if your username has some other meaning to you then what the rest of us see, then post what the history is behind it:

Bluedevil – I am not an atheist because I have devil in my username. The blue part is easy if you look at my Avatar but both put together it is about my last blue zx9r and not the 10 as maybe some might think. I read an article in one of the major magazines when the 9r first came out and it was featured on the front cover as one of the top 10 bikes that will get you in trouble and I believe it had some sexy girl on the back with the 9 doing a burn out with smoke all over the place. If memory serves me right it was the year after its debut when it was featured and first caught my eye as Sport Riders “Worlds first 9 second bike” just before the busa in June Sport Rider issue 1998 which ultimately drew me to leave the Honda world and go Kawasaki.

The main reason I took on the devil part was because in that article they said something about it looking like a devil with bad intentions. I then looked at my blue 9 from the side and that RAM air mouth on 98 and 99 models only that had what looked like a mouth from the side view and the windscreen made it look like wild hair with the fairing being the rest of the face. The bike really did look like the mags described, a devil, with bad intentions and I purchased California custom plates with bludvl tags for almost 4yrs and never changed.

Now of course I could have changed when I bought the 10 but it has the same qualities as what was described as the 9 when it first came out,” bad intentions” and I had no reason to change. So that’s my reason for my username but I’m sure there are others that have personal reasons as well or maybe we will get some real surprises from others. So let’s hear them.

The forum is open 24/7.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
I live in the Hill Country of Central Texas.

Also my last name is Hill.

And Im pretty country my self.

I also happen to own a beautiful 2004 B|ack ZX-10R.

Hence the name...hillcountry10r

:badteeth:

·
Registered
115 Posts
El Diable = The Devil

Dstrbd = my license plate. I had a bike that was painted and everyone kept saying I was disturbed. Ohh well... It was going to be Dragula, but some stupid car has already taken that plate (sorry Rob Z.). So I went w/ the next best thing.

Ohh yah.. and thanks for whoever edited and changed my avatar for me!!!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
hillcountry10r said:
I live in the Hill Country of Central Texas.

Also my last name is Hill.

And Im pretty country my self.

I also happen to own a beautiful 2004 B|ack ZX-10R.

Hence the name...hillcountry10r

:badteeth:

See, who would've known your last name is hill. Your username says it all then you surprise us with the last name bit. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
447 Posts
First bike was a kawasaki.

Always loved the them and refered to them as sakis.

I ride a ZX10R

Last part is self explanatory.

Oh yea......and it is easy to remember too :wink:

Saki10man

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
I signed up on spur of moment, no real thought given,figured zx10/location in name was easy.

Vegemite is a food/ spread in Australia-never tried it, supposed to be an aquired taste.

In short -The stick plays pool, I asked once.

Austin(Texas)10rpowers is one of the best names I've seen.

I also took hillcountry as just that, even cooler with the dbl meaning.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
ZX10Miami said:
I signed up on spur of moment, no real thought given,figured zx10/location in name was easy.

Vegemite is a food/ spread in Australia-never tried it, supposed to be an aquired taste.

In short -The stick plays pool, I asked once.

Austin(Texas)10rpowers is one of the best names I've seen.

I also took hillcountry as just that, even cooler with the dbl meaning.
Very good!!!!. but you did not even know like me the hillcountry happens to be his last name(hill), and that is very interesting, but the rest of the names is just an example, we had just today had a thread about what girls are ridinging the 10, and I have even messed up on that one so it's good if we all post the true meanings. Talk to ya later bro,
bluedevil :beer:

·
Registered
803 Posts
The first couple of names I tried were already taken.

Captain Jack is an alias I used sometimes when playing CounterStrike. I killed a lot of Tangoes using that name. lol I 0wn3d hardcore!!!!1

For CS, it sounded like a fine military name. It's the title of a hilarious old Bily Joel song about a guy who's life sux shit so he does dope all the time. I love that song. It cracks me up.

There's also an ex-Cuban dance music group by the name of Captain Jack, but that's not where I got it from.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Captain Jack said:
The first couple of names I tried were already taken.

Captain Jack is an alias I used sometimes when playing CounterStrike. I killed a lot of Tangoes using that name. lol I 0wn3d hardcore!!!!1

For CS, it sounded like a fine military name. It's the title of a hilarious old Bily Joel song about a guy who's life sux shit so he does dope all the time. I love that song. It cracks me up.

There's also an ex-Cuban dance music group by the name of Captain Jack, but that's not where I got it from.
Good Captain, who would've ever known that? :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Mustard=My name, Mark De Jong, DeJong, Dejon, Dijon..... And I have a Mustard Yellow Joe Rocket jacket.... Love my Vegemite for breakfast, lunch and tea... so I can be bright as bright can be, Vegemite will prob know what I'm talking bout

·
Registered
153 Posts
I use the handle Odin at a few forums. I named my son Thor from Norse mythology, Odin was Thor's daddy so thought it would be cool. :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 677 Posts