Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To be quick and to the point, 07 ninja zx10r was stolen (without the key) and I just want to know if my thoughts are correct because I don't know a lot about bikes. I'm not thinking about time-consuming modifications because it would've been a quick thing, but without a key isn't it virtually useless? I know it's possible to start the bike without the key if u spend time and money but a theif wouldn't want to do that... So with a "delinquent" mindset, isn't this a bad choice of a bike?
I'm also trying to decide if it makes more sense for the perpetrator to be someone known or a stranger...

·
R.I.P. REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
Welcome!

That's an interesting 1st post. Sorry to hear of your loss. That's a shame. :cry:

It's a bit presumptuous though to think that it is useless or hard. Unfortunately, bikes are pretty easy to swipe and unless you had it secured to an immovable object or had an immobilizer on it, you're SOL. We don't have the immobilizers in the USA. You've made the assumption that it was ridden away and time consuming for the thief, but it's not. Two men and a minivan and it's gone. A flathead screwdriver and mallet and it's gone. Doesn't need to be rideable either. Steal it, strip it, and part it out and you never have to make it run. And that's all that needs to be said on that topic. (n)

·
Registered
2012 (Gen4) ZX-10R
1,144 Posts
The Gen4 US market bikes, have ZERO immobilizer. So it’s a TRIVIAL excercise to bypas the key. So I’d be surprised if this wasn’t the case for older bikes too.

Sucks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts