Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the going rate for a used ttx gp shock? Looking at picking up a quality aftermarket shock and want to know what people are paying...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Gen 4 bike. Shocks with <1000 miles and recently serviced. Yes, with correct springs...
Best I've seen recently available that meets that criteria is in the $850-$1000 range. Every now and then you'll see a bargain if it happens to already be sprung for your preference and not need a refresh.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Best I've seen recently available that meets that criteria is in the $850-$1000 range. Every now and then you'll see a bargain if it happens to already be sprung for your preference and not need a refresh.
Just what I wanted to know. Thank you sir!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Ohlins just did a big price drop for retail so expect those prices to drop yet again on the used market. New TTX-GP Series 3 shocks are selling for around $1200 now

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ohlins just did a big price drop for retail so expect those prices to drop yet again on the used market. New TTX-GP Series 3 shocks are selling for around $1200 now

You have any shocks for a gen 4 you're trying to get rid of?

·
Registered
578 Posts
you need to be very careful with used ohlins shock prices... they have multiple versions of the ttx, and the older non GP units are a great shock but, people try to get new gp 2 or 3 pricing out of them, when they are clearly not the latest and greatest technology.

oh, and NEVER BELEIVE THE SHOCK WAS "JUST" SERVICED, WITHOUT FULL DOCUMENTATION, FROM A REPUTABLE SHOCK SERVICER. the sellers "always say that, it was refreshed", then you find out different when opening the box.

Personally, unless it was close to 50% off retail or better, I wouldn't entertain used, especially if it is not a gp 2 or better. you will still need to service it for piece of mind, and more than likely need the correct spring for your bike, weight, and track/street specification.

your results may vary. Ski

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
you need to be very careful with used ohlins shock prices... they have multiple versions of the ttx, and the older non GP units are a great shock but, people try to get new gp 2 or 3 pricing out of them, when they are clearly not the latest and greatest technology.

oh, and NEVER BELEIVE THE SHOCK WAS "JUST" SERVICED, WITHOUT FULL DOCUMENTATION, FROM A REPUTABLE SHOCK SERVICER. the sellers "always say that, it was refreshed", then you find out different when opening the box.

Personally, unless it was close to 50% off retail or better, I wouldn't entertain used, especially if it is not a gp 2 or better. you will still need to service it for piece of mind, and more than likely need the correct spring for your bike, weight, and track/street specification.

your results may vary. Ski

I agree and you definitely need to pick your deals wisely, but that is also a testament to how well the Ohlins products hold their value. In some cases their products actually appreciate in value... I've seen RC51 and 1000RR forks sold recently for more money than when they were bought new...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts