Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to wire a USB power source onto my battery on a Gen2. What have you all done along these lines? its to mainly charge my cell phone or any other usb device I might have (bluetooth headset etc)

I found this, which is basically what I want, but they are out of stock and I don't know anything about them. (and not a forum supporter if anybody here offers something similiar)

Once I figure out how, I'll decide where I want it. Either in my tank bag or rear seat. Tank bag sounds better, but I don't always run with my bag.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I'm looking to wire a USB power source onto my battery on a Gen2. What have you all done along these lines? its to mainly charge my cell phone or any other usb device I might have (bluetooth headset etc)

I found this, which is basically what I want, but they are out of stock and I don't know anything about them. (and not a forum supporter if anybody here offers something similiar)

Once I figure out how, I'll decide where I want it. Either in my tank bag or rear seat. Tank bag sounds better, but I don't always run with my bag.
they have one that plugs into a 12v power jack (cigarette lighter) Im gonna wire one from my battery, then keep it in the tail section with the usb plugged in. You can find a usb cable in nearly any length to run it from the power supply to any place on the bike where your camera is mounted

·
Registered
874 Posts
they have one that plugs into a 12v power jack (cigarette lighter) Im gonna wire one from my battery, then keep it in the tail section with the usb plugged in. You can find a usb cable in nearly any length to run it from the power supply to any place on the bike where your camera is mounted
I did this in my car. I wanted to have a phone charger w/o tying up my cig lighter or having that clutter, so i took a normal car charger and broke open the casing and soldered wire leads to the positive and negative terminals and taped it all up good and had my usb phone charger nicely integrated into the car.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just go 2 Radio Shack and purchase a cigarette lighter adapter. It comes with a positive and negative wire that you can wire directly to your battery. Ive done it and love it. PM me your email addy and I will send you some pics. Its as easy as capping the 2 wires and screwing them directly to your battery, then plug in the charger to the cigarette lighter just like you would in your car. Hollah

1 - 5 of 5 Posts