Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a USA made Yoshimura RS3 full system and was just told that the Japaneses made exhausts use different technology, doesn't sound right to me but has anyone heard that before?

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
I know from my Zuk 1K days the Yosh Japan stuff was in a totally different class as the Yosh USA stuff, Think of it like Akra Evolution compared to Muzzy.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
I know from my Zuk 1K days the Yosh Japan stuff was in a totally different class as the Yosh USA stuff, Think of it like Akra Evolution compared to Muzzy.
A famous mechanic from here in Georgia by the name of Vic Fasola, and use to work for Muzzy and tuned Scott Russels bikes when he was club racing before Scott became famous once told me that Muzzy's sh!t is actually made in Japan. They dont build it in Bend Oregon he said laughing. There are several companies in Japan that do spec work for companines as contractors.

Vance and Hines street systems use to all be built by one of these Japanese contractors. You get what you pay for, maybe. Engine Dynamics is the same for everybody.

JJ

·
Registered
373 Posts
I know that with the power commander there are 2 different maps for the full yoshi exhaust but i think one is euro.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Very nice link Pablo. I like the firespec which looks great and I bet performs just as well. They also had some cool bikes that I have never heard of.

Attachments

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
A famous mechanic from here in Georgia by the name of Vic Fasola, and use to work for Muzzy and tuned Scott Russels bikes when he was club racing before Scott became famous once told me that Muzzy's sh!t is actually made in Japan. They dont build it in Bend Oregon he said laughing. There are several companies in Japan that do spec work for companines as contractors.

Vance and Hines street systems use to all be built by one of these Japanese contractors. You get what you pay for, maybe. Engine Dynamics is the same for everybody.

JJ

I was using the comparison as more of a rule of thumb on quality, not nessisarily where they are made,I think Akra is made in Slovenia anyway, who ever heard of anything else good come from Slovinia, lol.

Both are good, but the Yosh Japan is a step up on the USA stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts