Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

been a while since I've posted anywhere on here...the last 3 months of this tour were very busy for us, primarily the last 3 weeks between packing up/cleaning,etc.

I had made some plans with a few other 10 riders on here to get together for some rides, post-deployment, but I am very sad to say that they must be put on hold.

The basics of the story are that we just hit our 1 year mark on our deployment, and were about to turn in our room keys and move to the terminal to catch a bird to kuwait, and then back to the states on july 27th (the 2nd group of us...the first left july 21st and had been back in Alaska for a few days already). A few hours prior to clearing rooms, we were called in for a briefing and informed that we were being extended anywhere from 4 to 6 months (although the "official" press leak states only 120 days for some reason), and that we were being moved to Baghdad.

the full article is here: http://armytimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-1982906.php

It is definitely a blow to the high morale and motivation that my fellow soldiers and their families had, and we are all feeling it. However, the bottom line is that we are all soldiers and stand ready to follow orders and move to the fight, wherever it may be.

Personally, most of us are more concerned for the married guys and their families than anything else. It must suck even more for those guys from our unit who were already home, relaxing and rejoicing with their families once again, only to be told to pack back up and get back on the bird.

you'd think we were Marines or somethin', getting extended indefinitely like this :wink: :mrgreen:

anywho...the purpose of all this is just an update on the goings on in Iraq.

We're ready to go, and look forward to completing the mission successfully, finally returning to the states with our heads held high:thumbsup:

on a positive note...the percentage of dudes who can say they've spent two consecutive birthdays in Iraq is small:thumbsup:. and I now have over $1600 worth of goodies waiting for me at home in boxes to throw on the 10 when I return. Trey, looks like we'll ride come december :helmet:

oh yeah....and to the insurgents in Baghdad: You're screwed:thefinger :fu2: :machinegu

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yeah, and on another note:

If anyone has a spare copy of Tourist Trophy for PS2 that they're willing to sell or donate, please PM me...I have 6 more months here, I need a new game! Thanks.

nik

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Hey. . . .you'll have a PS2 on hand while you're there? That rocks!!! Take care over there man, I'm sure there's plenty of dudes in Florida that are looking forward to riding with you (on that soon to be tricked out 10) when you get back :wink:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Definately take care over there and tt will keep you occupied for a while. Its a good thing I dont have an m16 because I have been so mad at that game I would end up shooting something.:crackup:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Wow, very sorry to hear you're having to extend and can only imagine what that means to the married folks (have 3 girls myself).

I was in the shield/storm call-up 16 years ago and we really did little else than train and worry about our bad chemical gear... and the whole of the middle east uniting against us :eek:) Reality is, we saw very little action.

I really felt bad when the fighting started this go-round, mainly because I felt as though us lazy mofo's that were there 15 years before left things incomplete.

So, thank you for your dedication and despite what you hear from the NY Times and Wash Post, what you're apart of is what's right about this country.

I have nothing but respect!

Peace
Phil

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Good luck over there. Stay safe.

Once you get back maybe we can get the Fla riders to hook up and go for a ride. Thank you for all you guys/gals do for us over there. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
152 Posts
best of luck to you!!!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
zx10 guy & zx10duran: I appreciate the effort:beer: :beer: :beer: , but a forum member came through with the game damn quick (before i even checked the forum again. Thanks Larry Grogan!!). Thanks guys!

Everyone over here appreciates the support, and we all look forward to completing the mission and coming home. And yes, there will definitely need to be a florida group ride that I can finally join sometime in the future.

on another note: I know the 2nd member movie is already complete, but if any of the forum members would like a picture of ZX-10R.net spray painted or written on the side of a military vehicle (or foreign military vehicle, blown up or not:lol: ), let me know. I've got 6 months to get one. maybe kickaho can throw it in the next movie, or the mods can throw it up on the homepage or something. I'll rig something up, and it will be cool:thumbsup:

ride safe!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
ArmyZX10 said:
on another note: I know the 2nd member movie is already complete, but if any of the forum members would like a picture of ZX-10R.net spray painted or written on the side of a military vehicle (or foreign military vehicle, blown up or not:lol: ), let me know. I've got 6 months to get one. maybe kickaho can throw it in the next movie, or the mods can throw it up on the homepage or something. I'll rig something up, and it will be cool:thumbsup: ride safe!
I would deff. like to see that pict. Thank you for protecting my family. Stay safe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts