Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to an unfortunate low-side on turn 2 at Infineon raceway (another post altogether), I need to replace the right upper fairing. The shop manual wants you to take off the whole front assembly with the headlights and then take off the upper fairings help by a large bolt coming off the lower outer edge of the headlight housing. Can the upper fairing be removed without taking the whole assembly apart like this ? Thank for any help!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I just did mine, here is what you have to remove...

Windscreen, both mirrors, bolts under mirrors, two screws holding center section of upper, center section, there is a piece of velcro on the very front of the point of the center section you will have to break loose.

Remove all three of the allen bolts that hold the mid to the upper, there is a bolt inside of the mid/upper that bolts to one of the inner panels held on by a bracket, remove that one. Then right under the headlight there is a stud that threads into a "J" bolt on the upper that you will have to get undone some how. When you get the new upper you will see what I am talking about. I just used a set of pliers and unscrewed it until the upper came off.

Once you get the upper in hand soem of this will make more sense and you will undertand it better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts