Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a new bike for a little white now and came across a 2011 Gen4 for 4k miles for a great price so I jumped on it.

I'm in love with this bike. It's such a nice upgrade over a Gen3. Everything about it is so much nicer. Except one thing.

The trunk on this thing is a joke. The helmet lock to the seat is just crazy. In my trunk I have a bundle of wires and my tool kit. So that leaves me with 0 space.

What have you guys done with that bundle of wires and the tool kit so you can get some space in there for maybe some sun glasses or something.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Its called a rear-seat bag. Get one. Welcome to the Gen04 family (The faster green-Gen04 family that is). 2011 had a recall, make sure its been taken care of by checking the Kawasaki website.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its called a rear-seat bag. Get one. Welcome to the Gen04 family (The faster green-Gen04 family that is). 2011 had a recall, make sure its been taken care of by checking the Kawasaki website.
Thanks for the heads up the recall. I just checked and it says no outstanding recall so I'm good there. Plus even better news. I thought the extended warranty expired next year but its good till 2016 according to Kawasaki :mrgreen:

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Get rid of the tool kit

·
The Pace
7,044 Posts
yeah, I don't carry tools. I think the fender eliminator helped making some room, but can't remember what the stock condition looked like now as before I even started the new g4 I put on the graves slip and the graves fender eliminator.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, I don't carry tools. I think the fender eliminator helped making some room, but can't remember what the stock condition looked like now as before I even started the new g4 I put on the graves slip and the graves fender eliminator.
The fender eliminator has been done, the can is next on the list for me to do. But ill never get rid of the tools. I needed them once before in my life on a previous bike and I didn't have them so had a walk to a home depot for a wrench that would have been in the kit.

·
Registered
340 Posts
ill take a pic of my trunk.. i took the tool kit out.. and dremelled the edges off.. i can fit my sunglasses...s3 phone... a microfiber towel and my phone charger in the trunk.

·
The Pace
7,044 Posts
With that experience, I see why you want the tools. You might have to get a tight tail bag. I suspect that your tools will most likely help your riding friends. g4 is solid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts