Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I only need to buy the front and rear brake calipers off a zx-14 to make my brake system better on the Gen 1? Do I need to purchase anything else off a zx-14 like a master cylinder? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Don't bother with the rear, too much of a PITA to get it to fit. You don't need the MC but it will give you a little more feel.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it a direct fit without any modifications needed? And does anyone have the master cyclinder and front caliper for sale? Thanks.

·
Registered
335 Posts
FYI If you didn't know, you don't have to look for just zx14 calipers. The zx6r is the same. These are the part numbers for '07. In case you can't find the 14 calipers.

43080-0046-DJ Right
43080-0047-DJ Left

The zx6 has the same calipers as the zx14 from '07 up.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just got my nissin calipers (off an 07 zx6) yesterday and had a few questions as well. I have read the "big" thread about all this but I don't recall anything specific about the master cylinder. My 04 has a nissin m/c and I'm curious what difference the zx6 or zx14 m/c would make over mine? I was under the impression that the calipers and brake lines is where all the improvement was short of upgrading to a brembo m/c. Also.....I am going to order my stainless lines and now I'm curious if I should get the direct swap (zx10) or the lines for the new calipers (zx6)? I know the lines attach higher on the nissin calipers so will the zx10 lines be a bit too long?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
The first gen zx10r's did not have a radial master cylinder. I did just the CBR swap with the stock m/c, and it's night and day. I also have a newer radial master from a 07 zx6 sitting in the garage, but it's cold and I can't ride anyway, so I'm in no hurry to do it. If you can get a good package deal with calipers & master, I would do it. If you want to get some gain with as little money spent, get some calipers only (cbr ones are generally cheapest).

·
Registered
162 Posts
i got the calipers for $50 and didn't think to ask whether the guy had the m/c. I plan on doing the swap (calipers, ss lines, pads) all at once so if the m/c is an "upgrade" over what I have then I'll see if I can get it resonable as well. still curious about the lines though. from what I gather the zx10 lines will work they'll just be a few inches long.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts