Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well

I did following performance updates for my 2005 ZX10R

1/5th fast throttle, sato race slip on with power commander and custom dynoed map, 16 teeth front sprocket...Mezeller 190/55 profile rear tire (and front too)

How the bike pulls after modification ?...it is great indeed.... Now the front end goes up by middle revs by throttle...the wheelie is very easy...much more revs for the wheelie in STD bike had been needed...

The sound is great...not very much noise at low rews because the exhaust valve is there...the police will not be disturbed...but when the valve opens at higher rpms, the sound get your pants wet...160 RWHP

1/5th throttle feels very nervous first at the corners but now when I am used to really slight throttle control..it is great...absolutely better than stock one...

This bike has got a lot of adrenaline now...I bet it is better than any 2006 bike

see more...

http://www.kotiposti.net/strato/indexEDELLINEN.htm

·
Registered
276 Posts
i dont know whats going on here but with that throttle you are asking for trouble. thats for straight line only. you must never roadrace. be carefull.

·
Registered
51 Posts
all sounds good to me - i'm heading for similar mods (with a carbon akra)

only thing is.. your braided hoses aren't ideal.. piggybacking from the right caliper to the left... why not have 2 completely seperate lines??

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i dont know whats going on here but with that throttle you are asking for trouble. thats for straight line only. you must never roadrace. be carefull

No problems at race track...I visited already once in Ahvenisto circuit...1/5th throttle is not too fast, it is superb for roadracing...very many competitors are using fast throttle...

and the commet for braided steel hoses...
your braided hoses aren't ideal.. piggybacking from the right caliper to the left... why not have 2 completely seperate lines??
http://www.kotiposti.net/strato/Brake line kit.htm

·
Registered
47 Posts
qman said:
i dont know whats going on here but with that throttle you are asking for trouble. thats for straight line only. you must never roadrace. be carefull.
:werd:

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
qman...Most racers are actually using a 1/6th throttle....I also have the 1/5th mod and would not change back to a stoack throttle for anything. Once you get used the it, it is easier to adjust power (IMHO)....

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
mach_man_187 said:
qman...Most racers are actually using a 1/6th throttle....I also have the 1/5th mod and would not change back to a stoack throttle for anything. Once you get used the it, it is easier to adjust power (IMHO)....
:+1: Why not roadrace with it? Unless you are completely incapable of any type of throttle control?:dontknow: I've done Mid O with the 1/5th conversion and I love it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts