Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

221 - 240 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
finished a busa build back in fall, stk. pump could not support hp it was making on motor before spray.. used a walbro pump, extra tap on stock fuel rail, and adjustable fuel pressure regulator in return line from fuel rail tap to tank. more stable than "deadhead" fuel system.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
finished a busa build back in fall, stk. pump could not support hp it was making on motor before spray.. used a walbro pump, extra tap on stock fuel rail, and adjustable fuel pressure regulator in return line from fuel rail tap to tank. more stable than "deadhead" fuel system.
This would be a good subject for a whole new thread. I've personally never had a problem with "deadhead" style systems... I've had more problems with pass-through/end-of-rail systems actually. Pulsation issues, mostly... though those applications were using a lot more fuel. Honestly, as long as the pump is up to the job the physics behind a T'ed/deadhead system are sound: liquid pressure will equalize on all points before the regulator & at a speed far faster than an injector can pulse... at least in the type of flow rates we're dealing with on a motorcycle fuel system.

·
Pimp/Player
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Hey Stretched10R i will redo the both list all the info was on the other computer that crashed so i have to redo everything I will get on it. And nice time up set the bar high with that one. Congrats

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
love the way u plumed that fuel return into stock fuel pump assembly. simple and inexpensive. great system.

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Dude, if I could run those times on my turbo bike, when it's all said and done, I'd be stoked. That thing is an animal.
:eek:ccasion1Man for real!! Its crazy how fast these damn bikes are! The second weekend out it went the fastest 8th and 1/4 its ever been. And this is still just a flash. No pcv no tune, and still stock shock and stock shifter.

I can't freakin believe this thing went 129mph at the damn 8th! Just nuts!

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
That's badass, still foot shifting stock clutch right? I'm thinking I'm gonna change my gearing too after seeing my dyno results. I love your 14 though, you should be staying ahead of those busas haha

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
That's badass, still foot shifting stock clutch right? I'm thinking I'm gonna change my gearing too after seeing my dyno results. I love your 14 though, you should be staying ahead of those busas haha
Yeah man, stock clutch, stock shock, stock shifter. Thanks man! I hope so. I think my best race coming up in our shootout this weekend is a guy close to my size with a 1397 and a hand slider. What do you mean? Why do your dyno results have anything to do with changing your gear? What are you geared now?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Pump or race fuel (specify octane, example 87, 91, C14, etc.): 87
Any motor work done to your bike (head, cams, etc.): no
Nitrous or turbocharged: no
Clutch: stock
Air, Electric or Quickshifter set-up: YES
Lowered: YES
Wheelbase (in inches): 66
Gearing (example 16/41): 15/45
Model Year of bike (2004-2011): 2005